Ham Radio Exams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ham Radio Exams

I know that last year's group was unable to reach agreement with the contest organizers and are not doing exams this year. I know from reading the original forum that dc408 is doing ham radio things this year, including exams. Is this a situation where those of us who helped in the past are no longer welcome to help out? Given the emptiness of this forum and no other communication on it, I'm getting the impression that the new organizers are self contained and not looking for other assistance, but thought I would at least ask.

Originally posted by SCBA View Post
    I know that last year's group was unable to reach agreement with the contest organizers and are not doing exams this year. I know from reading the original forum that dc408 is doing ham radio things this year, including exams. Is this a situation where those of us who helped in the past are no longer welcome to help out? Given the emptiness of this forum and no other communication on it, I'm getting the impression that the new organizers are self contained and not looking for other assistance, but thought I would at least ask.
    I am not affiliated with the previous group that ran this or the present group running this, and I am not a contest/event or village goon. My only part in this is having the decisions over what is granted resources reflected in contests/events or villages forums.

I have asked the dc408 twitter account holder this question and cited this thread.

If they reply to that tweet, you may see their reply in this URL that should thread any discussions based on it:

https://twitter.com/TCMBC/status/605918484808138752

It is possible they may reply to you here, too.

Good Luck!
    -Cot
    tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

I have heard that they are considering using a VEC other than ARRL, and the VEs need to be accredited by the particular VEC they use. I believe they are also running some small-scale exams before DEFCON to iron out any kinks. But I think they should be posting some info soon...

Comment

Hi All,
        Thanks for showing interest. We are indeed alive, and are working on getting our ducks (what's a town without ducks?) aligned properly. We have some great plans that are still in the works, and may even have some surprises under our hat. We expect to accept volunteers. Expect details soon(TM).

Stay tuned...

-FortyTwoWho
        -dc408 Ham Radio Exams talking head

Comment

Working...
        X