Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative Writing 2015:DEF CON 23 Short Story Contest Winners!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Writing 2015:DEF CON 23 Short Story Contest Winners!!

A long and winding trip to this point, with apologies for the delay. Thank you to everyone who submitted. There were more stories this year than ever and the quality just gets better and better, making picking winners more and more difficult, especially when "IRL" smacks you in the face somewhere in the deadline part of things.

You have waited long enough, now onwards to free badges and group approbations!

After checking votes to ensure no one voted multiple times our People's Choice winner is: "Weird Net Blues" by Rob Pait!
    Because everyone here is a sucker for non-Euclidian Geometry, Ancient Gods, and murder most foul, our Second Place Winner is: "Even Death May Die" by John McNabb!
    For deft use of period slang and classic style imagery that became a movie short in our minds, our First Place Winner is: "The Big Denial of Service" by Tess Schrodinger!

***PLEASE NOTE: AUTHORS, IF YOU WILL NOT/CANNOT ATTEND DEFCON NOTIFY THE CONTEST ASAP***
    I don't want a repeat of last year when I spent all con looking for, and worrying about, delivery of a badge to a winner that wasn't in Las Vegas due to miscommunications.

"They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Hi everybody! It's almost time! I will be picking up the badges for winners on Thursday. I will have them on my person at all times until they are delivered to your greedy.. ahem..deserving grabby mitts! I will track my physical movements from then on, via twitter @defconshortstory until all badges have been given out! Thursday after pickup I will pick a spot and sit for an hour or so (ten am to noon) before I move again, probably a bar. Try to plan around that first slot if you are in town. I will do the same thing again Friday morning also. Maybe a different bar, so pay attention to the Twitter.
    "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Working...
    X