Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else already book the hotel for DC24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else already book the hotel for DC24?

I already did through the link on defcon.org (https://resweb.passkey.com/go/SBDEF6)

I sure they don't cancel DEF CON again :)

Already have time off from work but haven't booked travel yet. We booked in February for this trip and the prices that we got then were very close to what I'm seeing on the link above. Plus, not sure if we're going to be staying at the Paris (that's where we stayed this time) or Bally's (my concern there is with the elevators, I saw lines getting upstairs at Bally's but didn't see that at Paris, but Bally's room rates are slightly cheaper).
    .: This post contains 100% recycled electrons :.

Comment

Planning on it come payday. Stayed at the Flamingo this year lesson learned. Missed a lot of the after dark stuff, due to not being able to handle the heat.

Comment

I think it is awesome they have the registration set up this early... I will do it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TechGirlMN View Post
          Planning on it come payday. Stayed at the Flamingo this year lesson learned. Missed a lot of the after dark stuff, due to not being able to handle the heat.
          Come spend some time in the south, where it's not just hot, you are also soaking wet. Las Vegas is like paradise compared to 90% humidity at 90F.

Hotel booked for 24. I booked in April for 23 and I did wind up paying a couple hundred more. Not going to get screwed like that this time. Sucks they won't waive the "resort fee" no matter how much you try to bribe them, that does add a lot to it no matter what your rate originally was.

Comment

I registered the evening it was announced. I think I need to stay another day now too.

Comment

Just booked it. Gigs , I'm in GA, I totally agree. The temp in LV was high (~104, I believe), but it wasn't bad at all. Coming back home to 90F and 90% humidity was a kick in the pants.
              On a side note, I booked for DC23 via Travelocity and booked this time via the Passkey link (the Travelocity page said that the Paris was sold out). The price that we paid via the Passkey link was less than what we paid via Travelocity. I'm basically a n00b when it comes to travel (traveled a good bit when enlisted, kindof like staying home now) so this may be expected but thought it was worth noting.

Comment

Gigs come up north sometime when it's 10 below, and the windchill makes it worse.

Comment

I won't book for another few months but I don't stay in the con hotels. We can typically find a better deal at a nicer place with a little patience.

Comment

I'm lazy, so the option to just walk downstairs was too much to pass up. Plus, having the option to watch the talks in the room on the TV (when the lines were too long) was nice too. We booked in February last year and got slightly better pricing this time than we did last time and have the option to cancel up to 72 hours before the con.
                    Pwncess , I totally missed the beard and mustache contest this year (I had it in my mind that it was still on Saturday and, when we started putting our plan together for Saturday, realized that it had happened on Friday. On a possibly related note, I am now more active on Twitter). Did you go and, if so, did you enter the freestyle?

Comment

Originally posted by sainate View Post
                      I'm lazy, so the option to just walk downstairs was too much to pass up. Plus, having the option to watch the talks in the room on the TV (when the lines were too long) was nice too. We booked in February last year and got slightly better pricing this time than we did last time and have the option to cancel up to 72 hours before the con.
                      Pwncess , I totally missed the beard and mustache contest this year (I had it in my mind that it was still on Saturday and, when we started putting our plan together for Saturday, realized that it had happened on Friday. On a possibly related note, I am now more active on Twitter). Did you go and, if so, did you enter the freestyle?
                      I didn't. Did I say I was?

Comment

Pwncess , there was a post about the beard and mustache contest and you asked about how ladies could compete. I mentioned the freestyle competition. I missed it and was looking for some intel about it and thought that may be an inconspicuous way of getting it :)

Comment

We stayed in the Bally's Jubilee Tower and would like to do so again. It was close enough to be convenient and far enough away to be quiet. The website only has Indigo rooms and calling Bally's itself is unhelpful. Anyone know how to get a reservation there?

Comment

The Jubilee room block costs more than the main tower, and we are waiting on that paperwork to come through. Once it does we'll open it up for registration.
                            PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Thanks for the update, DT. Looking forward to booking in Jubilee as soon as it opens. Was very happy with the room.

Comment

Working...
                              X