This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEF CON Artists and Entertainment wants your feedback to plan DEF CON 24

Did you attend any DEF CON 23 parties, or observe DEF CON Artists and Entertainment? They want your feedback to better plan DEF CON 24:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fw0...MYGlw/viewform

It is a survey, allowing for free-form repsonses and checkbox selection for types of music.

Thanks for any information you can provide!
    -Cot

I didn't go to any of the parties other than the main pool parties, because they're exclusive.

Can we stop the trend of "special people" getting the party rooms only to close them off to attendees?

Comment

Originally posted by autobahn View Post
      I didn't go to any of the parties other than the main pool parties, because they're exclusive.

Can we stop the trend of "special people" getting the party rooms only to close them off to attendees?
      I think something like this was tried at DC20, where convention-space rooms with various artists or DJs mixing or playing were open to any attendees, while most private parties were outside the convention space and outside of any DEF CON control. These "open" parties were not as popular, and many of the rooms had few, if any people in them. How would you do this differently, to cause the "open" party spaces to be used by more attendees and convince people that want to host parties to host parties in these dedicated "open" party spaces?

Ideas can help convince people to try something new, or retry something previously tried, which did not work as expected. The Wireless Village is one of those. There were problems with it one year, but after a break, it returned under new management and became a popular space to be, and spawned HAM Radio exams, which was also popular.

Your ideas on how to make something successful can help increase the chances that someone will revisit previous ideas and try them in a different way.

Thanks!
      -Cot

Comment

Working...
      X