Eager for my callsign! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eager for my callsign! :D

Thanks so much to all the organizers who made it easy for me to finally get off my keister and get my license! Have the successful applications been submitted yet? Nothing yet on FCC's site. Maybe they have a firewall for DEFCON-originated applications.

Gently stroking the transmit button on my new Yaesu,
    nano

Paperwork was submitted to the ARRL, but with over 5 pounds of applications and the quantity of candidates served it may be a while for them to work through the stack. I certainly expect to see names showing up by the end of next week.

Congratulations to all the candidates who earned new or upgraded licenses! For those who did not make it to the testing session or needed more time to study, exams will be back next year. If you are looking for a ham test in your area between now and next year, use the handy ARRL Exam Locator.

Those of you who upgraded to General or Amateur Extra, please consider becoming a VE (Volunteer Examiner) and help test in your area. Get in contact with us if you are interested in serving as a VE next year at DEF CON. Thank you to all the VEs, organizers, dc408 members, and other volunteers!

Comment

For anyone looking for some good study material there is a great iPhone app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amat...297951496?mt=8
      Was excellent for gearing up for the test and easy way to study even when you only have a few minutes. - love the die (dice) that we got! sits proudly on my desk now

Comment

Hey nano! It looks like everyone's call signs posted today! Go check the FCC database!
        http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...rchAmateur.jsp

See you on the airwaves!

-FortyTwoWho
        Last edited by FortyTwoWho; August 20th, 2015, 01:01. Reason: Updated link

Comment

Working...
        X