New to defcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to defcon

Hello, I am looking to increase my computer knowledge and skills here. Did not know if you guys had a meet up or something?

Originally posted by Spider86 View Post
    Hello, I am looking to increase my computer knowledge and skills here. Did not know if you guys had a meet up or something?
    There is only one "DEF CON" which is yearly, and has always met in Las Vegas, NV and has mostly been scheduled to happen in July or August each year.

Separate from the official DEF CON event, there are "DEF CON Groups" which are regional, often described by Area Code (US, Canada, etc.) or Country Code (and sometimes site/region code) outside of the US.

Lists of DCG meetings are maintained by Blakdayz, the present DCG Coordinator , and these lists are here:

https://defcongroups.org/

See the links , top-left for "DCGroup Lists" and then find the region you are interest in finding local meetings. If there are no meetings in your area, consult the same page for information on how to start your own "DEF CON Group"

HTH,
    Good luck,
    -Cot

Comment

None are near San Diego?

Comment

Originally posted by Spider86 View Post
        None are near San Diego?
        At one time, there was a very large list of many DCG all over the US, and I think there was one in San Diego. However, a recent cleanup of DCG to only include those that are active was completed. It is likely that any DCG that were once in San Diego have since closed service, and were removed from the online list due to inactivity.

If you have an interest in starting a new DCG in your area code, or near San Diego, please follow the suggested directions:

https://defcongroups.org/dcgfaq.html

Good luck!

HTH,
        -Cot

Comment

Working...
        X