Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geeksedition
    replied
    Thanks for all the work all. The floor plan looks pretty solid. Lets hope there is no more people jam. I do owe an apology to a goon out there as I ignored him as I was getting OUT of the people jam come hell or high water. ;)

Leave a comment:

• sainate
    replied
    Sweet, awesome job and thank you for all of the hard work that you folks have been putting into this!! Can't wait, 97 days and a wake-up!!

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied
    Hey everyone,
    Just an update...

The "final floor plan" version posted on DEF CON at https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-24/dc-24-venue.html

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post

Heehee, I wish we could +1 posts on here!
    You can "like" (lower right corner of each post) which increases a counter to its right.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Originally posted by sainate View Post
    DJ Jackalope , this must be a sign. The wife and I were talking about DEFCON and what we wanted to to do different this year and that was one of them if it's there. We walked by it a hundred times last year and *wanted* to go in but, I'm not much of a people person (working on that) and just never did. She 'encouraged' me to endeavor to visit the piano bar if it was open this year, apparently it's another bridge that I need to cross. All of that said, I'm also interested to know if the piano bar will be used by DC this year/
    Heehee, I wish we could +1 posts on here!

Leave a comment:

• sainate
    replied
    DJ Jackalope , this must be a sign. The wife and I were talking about DEFCON and what we wanted to to do different this year and that was one of them if it's there. We walked by it a hundred times last year and *wanted* to go in but, I'm not much of a people person (working on that) and just never did. She 'encouraged' me to endeavor to visit the piano bar if it was open this year, apparently it's another bridge that I need to cross. All of that said, I'm also interested to know if the piano bar will be used by DC this year/

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied
    Hi! Is DC considering using the Piano Bar in between the hotels again?

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    What is the bottleneck in the lines? Where can it be optimized? Should there be an EXACT CHANGE line? Or a line for folks who buy 5 badges or more? Are there issues with people getting to the cashier and THEN looking for money? Or asking if they take checks or credit cards? Or maybe the swag that is handed out is awkward and needs extra time? Maybe a little tweaking in just one of many areas will really make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• goopcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikita View Post
    If it helps to know, we are attempting to plan those rooms with each of your best interests in mind. Grifter has been especially good about communicating some of the issues that he knew came up from dc23. :-) Hope that helps. Sorry for my lag in reply.
    Thank, you! It does help and yes we are talking with Grifter as well. He's great.

And getting all four bronze rooms, with each of us getting our share and a wall/partition would be grand!

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied
    Originally posted by seeess View Post
    Can the stages be setup so the rooms are landscape instead of portrait? Meaning wide rooms that are not very deep from back wall to stage, opposed to very deep rooms that are narrow.
    Before DC23 rooms seemed to be setup that way and it seemed better to me.

That is a good idea. In some cases we may have to keep them portrait because of how we hang the screens from the ceiling and how that plays for turnover/re-arranging the rooms. I'll ask and see. Maybe it's possible. :-) Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied
    Originally posted by takin View Post
    Is it possible to have more than one registration area? It might help speed up that line. Especially considering that #24 will have an electronic badge.

Unfortunately no, we did consider that but we had things working against us to make that happen. We are planning improvements for this year that look promising to shave off the wait time. We do want that line gone as quick as possible too.

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied
    Originally posted by goopcat View Post

Will the three Bronze Rooms for IoT and ICS Villages be shared open air style or will there be a dividing wall between the two Villages?

There is a floorplan option being discussed for those rooms, to maximize how much space both of those villages get, as well as increasing it's visibility so that they don't feel tucked into a dark hallway anymore. We've some clever ways to handle partitions to make foot traffic higher.

Right now, we are working to try to make it so you both get more space and it's clearly divided while being able to share a possible stage, not necessarily the room itself. I think we may be waiting on a few variables to determine if we can use all four rooms and then present more info to you guys. I'd connect up with Grifter to learn more, and I'm sorry if you were not brought into that conversation sooner, but perhaps we were waiting till we had all the options beforehand.

If it helps to know, we are attempting to plan those rooms with each of your best interests in mind. Grifter has been especially good about communicating some of the issues that he knew came up from dc23. :-) Hope that helps. Sorry for my lag in reply.

Leave a comment:

• takin
    replied
    Is it possible to have more than one registration area? It might help speed up that line. Especially considering that #24 will have an electronic badge.

Leave a comment:

• goopcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikita View Post
    "nearly final floor plan" version posted on DEF CON on 2/12 : https://www.defcon.org/images/defcon...plan-beta2.jpg
    Will the three Bronze Rooms for IoT and ICS Villages be shared open air style or will there be a dividing wall between the two Villages?

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied
    Hi everyone....

We have since updated the map, this is the "nearly final floor plan". We might tweak this or that to try to squeeze some more space into places, but hopefully nothing major.

https://www.defcon.org/images/defcon...plan-beta2.jpg

Also, those of you worrying about the traffic of DC101 conflicting with registration on Thursday, 101 will start mid day around 2pm most likely, after the lines for reg have died down. It will likely go later into the evening, or be only a few select panels. This is yet to be set in stone for what talks and when, but we do know we won't be running 101 during the "rush hour" so to speak. We have a few other yet to be announced plans we are solidifying, we do want lines and reg to run smooth this year, so we are not ignoring it, we saw the problems last year, and we are listening to your feedback.

Thanks,
    Nikita

Leave a comment:

Working...
X