DC24 CoreWar Hill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC24 CoreWar Hill?

I've recently begun playing CoreWar again and, considering the probable intersection between people who can think in assembly (or could benefit from doing so) and people who attend DEF CON, would like to propose a DC24 CoreWar hill. There is a great graphical (PyGame) MARS available here: https://github.com/rodrigosetti/corewar, and it would be an awful lot of fun, IMO, to run a continuous hill and project it on a wall somewhere. The graphics would get people interested enough to come over and maybe learn some RedCode and get fighting.

If anyone would be interested in competing/helping me run this, I'd really appreciate it if you'd say so; if there's sufficient interest, I'll set up an web-based warrior submission system, leaderboard, et cetera.
    SilverWingedSeraph / Leo Tindall <lfstindall at gmail> / 2DF2DD84
    Github: @SilverWingedSeraph

I have always thought that a CoreWar tournament or even a workshop would be a good fit for Defcon. I have to admit that I have never played it though. If you have a plan for how it should work, you should submit something to the contest and event RFI before it closes on March 15th.

Comment

Just submitted it. I'm planning to run a few hills over the LAN, as well as a few "visual" hills with that graphical MARS, which will make it a bit more of a "spectator sport".
      SilverWingedSeraph / Leo Tindall <lfstindall at gmail> / 2DF2DD84
      Github: @SilverWingedSeraph

Comment

Working...
      X