Shirt Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirt Ideas

Howdy. Willing to help with the shirt designs again this year. Since the theme is Rise of the Machines, do we want to do something like Terminator? Start throwing out your ideas, and we'll get this ball rolling.

12guage autoloader, .45 long slide, Uzi 9mm, and a Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.

Terminator seems full of material for a shirt. Perhaps a graphic using the terminator's view

Comment

I like it. We can take any pic and add the infra-red or night-vision effects, then add any text. I take it you're in charge of ordering again? Once everyone kind of decides, I can start putting up some drafts, and get you the final vector files. :)

Comment

First thing I thought of was this picture design but instead of a human face use the (warped) image of the Defcon smiley.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
          First thing I thought of was this picture design
          Reminded me of Lawnmower man. Now I have to go watch that again.

Comment

I say we go with something more like the rise of the machines (guns)...
            - catapult
            - blunder bust
            - black powder
            - single shot cartridge gun
            - revolver
            - etc
            - etc
            - etc
            - BFG 8000

or something of the sort. Run with the Defcon main theme but make it our own in the sense that it's heavily DC shoot oriented.

~L0g1c Out

Comment

Originally posted by L0g1c View Post
              I say we go with something more like the rise of the machines (guns)...
              - catapult
              - blunder bust
              - black powder
              - single shot cartridge gun

~L0g1c Out
              For DC21 we did a version of "the evolution of man" with weapons like that, with a drone at the end. not sure if you're thinking the same kind of left-to-right evolution. That shirt and 19's "No liquids, no gels, no aerosols" are my two favorites.

Comment

• astcell
                astcell commented
                Editing a comment
                Aw shucks I helped on both of those. :>

What about just don't a simplified version of the idea... Cannon on front of back and a laser deathray on the opposite side... I think this would cause loss of people to question what Defcon event has a cannon logo? Hu? What sorry is that... (instant new friend)
              Last edited by L0g1c; May 13, 2016, 07:51.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_406.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	223336

i will admit that "Rise of the Machines" made me think of Bullet Bill from Super Mario ;-)

have we ever done an 8-bit shirt?

"I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                - Trent Reznor

Comment

I'd be down with an 8 bit shirt as long as we could do it without a single giant screen print. I can't stand the feeling of wearing a sheet of vinyl :P

Comment

Let me talk to my graphic design friend, and see if we can print something without making it a giant sheet of vinyl. :)

Comment

yeah, we would only want the principal elements rendered (and even then sometimes in an outline) and never would the sky/ground/etc be filled in
                      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Well, whatever you come up with, put me down for one XXXL shirt :-)

Weinie

Comment

Originally posted by Weinie View Post
                          Well, whatever you come up with, put me down for one XXXL shirt :-)

Weinie
                          I'll start the list in a new thread once we have something to print.

Comment

Originally posted by Modafinil View Post
                            12guage autoloader, .45 long slide, Uzi 9mm, and a Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.

Terminator seems full of material for a shirt. Perhaps a graphic using the terminator's view

I dig this idea! Also the No fate scene could be cool.

Comment

Working...
                            X