Information about the EFF Badge Pageant Contest at DEF CON 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information about the EFF Badge Pageant Contest at DEF CON 24

[Original content removed: There is no listing from CVE for Lost's Badge contest, so this forum must be for the "EFF Badge Hack Pagent" contest. See replies for details.]

Last edited by TheCotMan; July 18, 2016, 22:28.

I hereby commandeer this thread on behalf of the EFF Badge Hack Pageant. LosT is free to pry it from my cold, undead hands.

Our badge contest is back for a second year. We invite all DEF CON attendees to stretch their creative skills by reinventing past conference badges as practical, artful, and over-the-top objects of their choosing. Previous entries included a crocheted badge cozy, a quadcopter, counterfeit badges, a human baby, a breathalyzer, a dazzling array of LED shows, and more than one hand-made record player that would make MacGyver weep.

Our esteemed judges Zoz, Joe "Kingpin" Grand, and 1o57 (LosT, Lost, LostBoy, 1057) will decide the fate of contestants on Saturday, August 6 at noon on the main Contests, Villages, and Events stage.

Enter any or all of three categories:

• DEF CON DIGITAL: Circuit board badge from DEF CON
    • DEF CON ANALOG: Non-digital badge from DEF CON
    • WILD CARD: Badge from any other con

Grab an old badge and go nuts. Full details at https://eff.org/DC24Contest

Comment

Originally posted by A.the.J View Post
      I hereby commandeer this thread on behalf of the EFF Badge Hack Pageant. LosT is free to pry it from my cold, undead hands.

Our badge contest is back for a second year. We invite all DEF CON attendees to stretch their creative skills by reinventing past conference badges as practical, artful, and over-the-top objects of their choosing. Previous entries included a crocheted badge cozy, a quadcopter, counterfeit badges, a human baby, a breathalyzer, a dazzling array of LED shows, and more than one hand-made record player that would make MacGyver weep.

Our esteemed judges Zoz, Joe "Kingpin" Grand, and 1o57 (LosT, Lost, LostBoy, 1057) will decide the fate of contestants on Saturday, August 6 at noon on the main Contests, Villages, and Events stage.

Enter any or all of three categories:

• DEF CON DIGITAL: Circuit board badge from DEF CON
      • DEF CON ANALOG: Non-digital badge from DEF CON
      • WILD CARD: Badge from any other con

Grab an old badge and go nuts. Full details at https://eff.org/DC24Contest
      It looks like this is the purpose for this forum. The new details I have from SVE goon panadero does not mention Lost's Badge contest by name, only mentions "EFF Badge Hack PageantEFF" so I will rename this forum to reflect that purpose.

Description from CVE goon panadero:
      Originally posted by details
      EFF Badge Hack Pageant
      EFF is proud to present our second annual Badge Hack Pageant (1337 skills required, swimsuit optional). Bring out your sweetest hacks and sickest mods in a no-holds-barred battle for hardware supremacy.Enter in one of three categories:
      DEF CON DIGITAL: Circuit board-based badge from DC 1-23
      DEF CON ANALOG: Non-electronic badge from DC 1-23
      WILD CARD: Badge from any other con
      This matches what you have.

Forum name to be changed from "Badge Contest" to "EFF Badge Hack Pageant".

Thanks and good luck! Sorry if there was any confusion; I had no details to include when I made the first post.

-Cot

Comment

Working...
      X