moons over my hammy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moons over my hammy

Maybe we can have an off-line ARRL study course. Heck everyone should be able to read the questions and answers and deftly pass the test the same day!

Originally posted by astcell
    Maybe we can have an off-line ARRL study course. Heck everyone should be able to read the questions and answers and deftly pass the test the same day!
    Interesting idea.. I wonder if I can get an FCC Radio licence being a Cannuck.... If I wasn't so lazy I'd check into that right now. Hopefully I remember to when I have a minute.

-PoT

Comment

Originally posted by PoT
      Interesting idea.. I wonder if I can get an FCC Radio licence being a Cannuck.... If I wasn't so lazy I'd check into that right now. Hopefully I remember to when I have a minute.

-PoT
      http://www.rac.ca/
      How to get started in Amateur radio in Canada
      http://www.rac.ca/arast.htm

Comment

I guess what I meant to ask, is, would a Canadian Amateur License allow me to broadcast in the US, or would I need some sort of FCC endorsement and how rough would that be to get.

But thanks for the site, it's one I haven't visited before.

-PoT

Comment

Bah... I answered my own question. Poking around on the Industry Canada page... I don't need anything other than an amateur licence. Well, that's helpful...

-PoT

Comment

Originally posted by PoT
            I guess what I meant to ask, is, would a Canadian Amateur License allow me to broadcast in the US, or would I need some sort of FCC endorsement and how rough would that be to get.

But thanks for the site, it's one I haven't visited before.

-PoT
            For US hams, other countries extend reciprocity for operating an amateur radio rig, check the ARRL for the list. It would be a safe guess that Canada has similar agreements.

Comment

Originally posted by PoT

-PoT
              You can but your test score loses 35% in the going exchange rate, better study REAL hard.... :D

Comment

Do you think it would be possible to get a VEC at Defcon? I was going to take the test last weekend, but as always I got too busy. I used to have a novice class in the late 70's

Comment

Working...
                X