Info about SoHopelessly Broken at DEF CON 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info about SoHopelessly Broken at DEF CON 24

I am not affiliated with this event and nothing I write is authoritative for it.

Originally posted by details
    SOHOpelessly Broken, presented by Independent Security Evaluators (ISE), is back at DEF CON (located in the IoT Village) for our third year! We have expanded the contest to not only include SOHO routers, but other types of IoT devices such as network storage systems, cameras, and IP enabled toys!

Track 0: The Zero-Day track is focused on the discovery and demonstration of real exploits (i.e., 0-day vulnerabilities). This track relies on the judging of newly discovered, real attacks against embedded electronic devices.

This is an opportunity for contestants to bring in their own embedded electronic devices and demonstrate exploits to our panel. Contestants will need to provide proof that they disclosed the vulnerability to the vendor.

Track 1: This is an at-con capture the flag style contest where contestants will be pitted against 15+ off-the-shelf IoT devices, hardened, but with known vulnerabilities. Contestants must identify weaknesses and exploit these devices to gain control. Pop as many as you can over the weekend to win.
    Site: http://sohopelesslybroken.com/
Working...
X