Just reserved my room @ the AP - still around 200 rooms left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just reserved my room @ the AP - still around 200 rooms left

Just reserved about 20 mins ago (saturday april 5)

lady i talked to was nice. She said the conference block still has less than 200 rooms left but everything else for the hotel is booked that weekend.

I reserved from thursday till monday, monarch room for 119 US a night.

No issues, no probs, very smooth...thankfully :)
    Livin it up in the digital metropolis known as Tokyo.
    Tokyo's 2600 web page: www.tokyo2600.com

I am debating upgrading my room so it can be a flophouse for the board here. Any idea what the room rates are for the bigger rooms and how many are available?

Comment

Re: Just reserved my room @ the AP - still around 200 rooms left

Originally posted by Dented-Halo
      She said the conference block still has less than 200 rooms left but everything else for the hotel is booked that weekend.
      Thanks for the update Dented-Halo :) we need a streamer :D

Comment

well. The room rates are posted here

I finally made my reservations today too.. (saturday the 5th). I must have gotten the same nice lady because reservations was a breeze. I stated I was attending the defcon convention, she put me on hold for about 7 seconds and gave me the correct posted room rates.

The only difference this year was she asked if I attended in the past, which I said yes, and all my info was already in the computer. Prior years I had to always give my full info. Maybe they're tracking who are the good patrons and who are the room trashers.
        "Just when I thought I was out.......They pull me back in"
        - Neural's Godfather moment

Comment

same with me, they had a record of myself being there last year and if all my info was the same. Most likey for credit card verification i suppose no?

I wonder if the feds get a copy of the attendee list. I wonder how many pay wtih cash up front at the counter so as not to have any record of them being there? lol

Comment

Hmm i just thought of this...

I was only confirmed the rate of 119 for Thursday. I didnt clarify to ask if the 119 was the same for Fri Sat and Sun night. hmm

I might just call and double check that. Didnt someone say they were quoted 139 for Sunday? i hope i dont get charged 139 for sunday night...

Comment

It's the same for conference attendees. They discount it if your going to the convention and jack up the price if your not. Guess it keeps non participants from getting hassled about being at the hotel without a badge.
              Killing threads one post at a time...

Comment

I wonder if the feds get a copy of the attendee list.
                You are talking about a staff who put their AP DC staff shirts on eBay the day after the con was over... looks like money talks.

I wonder how many pay wtih cash up front at the counter so as not to have any record of them being there? lol
                That wouldn't matter since you still need a card to even be acknowledged, especially nowadays :) ... bring a friend, give him the cash :D

Comment

I might just call and double check that. Didnt someone say they were quoted 139 for Sunday? i hope i dont get charged 139 for sunday night...
                  I reserved my room for Wednesday to Monday. I asked them what would be my total and then divided it by 5 and it came out to the same price as my first night deposit.

Anyway the dc room rate page on the site said the con room rates were good from July 28th to August 6th.
                  "Just when I thought I was out.......They pull me back in"
                  - Neural's Godfather moment

Comment

I shouldnt have problem getting a room. I live in las Vegas. alot of hotels are sold out for the days of defcon. Only because theyre are five diffrent events going on those days. Should be fun .

Comment

What other events are going on this year?
                      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

There a fashion show . And There a couple other thing. But not sure

Comment

I think last year there was a Trekkie convention...

Comment

the AP & pr0n

I guess the AP will be switching off all the pr0n channels this year as well... ever since that remote bypass for pr0n was disseminated you can't even get pr0n if you want to pay for it... alas.. what a world!

pr0n is g00d!

Comment

Re: the AP & pr0n

Originally posted by blackwave
                              [B]I guess the AP will be switching off all the pr0n channels this year as well...
                              you think this has anything to do with the whole Pr0n on the TV in the window Thursday night thing?
                              If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Working...
                              X