Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to for setting up an official defcon party.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to for setting up an official defcon party.

Hello, I need info for how to register to be an official party, how to rent / reserve a party room, basically where do I start with making peppercon an official defcon event?

Originally posted by blak_hal0 View Post
    Hello, I need info for how to register to be an official party, how to rent / reserve a party room, basically where do I start with making peppercon an official defcon event?
    There are a few possible routes.

If you want to go the "right" path, you should probably wait for the official "DEF CON 25 Call For Parties" if they will have one like last year.

If you are not patient, and if you know a goon in the DEF CON "CVE" department (Contests, Villages, Events) , you can try contacting them or if you know a goon in the "DEF CON Entertainment" department, you could try contacting them.

Based on the past, however, the "right" path will probably include watching for one of two things if you want to use space that is part of the official DEF CON spaces:
    * The "DEF CON 25 Website/Pages" which will probably have a "Call for Parties" like Last Year, DEF CON 24, Call For Parties
    * Follow and watch the @defcon twitter feed for an announcement on the official "DEF CON Call For Parties" which may precede the dedicated "DEF CON 25 Webpages."

If you are going to rent a room on your own, independent from DEF CON and any of the DEF CON spaces (i.e., you are going to enter into a dialogue with one or more hotels or locations and take on responsibilities in meeting their requirements and signing a contract with them, outside of DEF CON) then it probably makes the most sense for you to get your space and agreement made with where you are renting space, and then contact the DEF CON CVE department AND submit to the "Call For Parties" to let both of them know about your party (event) and the details on where it can be found, and if it is open to everyone, or restricted and how, or if you will charge people to attend. There are issues related to anything that might want to have sponsors. Each case has exceptions. If any kind of sponsorship will be involved , please relay any details related to sponsorship to whoever you contact within DEF CON about this, so they can let you know about any policies related to sponsorship.

(My comments on sponsorship does not mean sponsorship will be allowed or denied -- each department gets to approve or deny; the only thing I can write authoritatively on sponsorship is the forums, and sponsors are not allowed on the forums. Ads (a variation on this) are all considered spam unless approved by a forum mod or admin. Any spam will be removed from public view, as will replies to spam; we will censor spam.)

Moving this thread to DEF CON 25 planning instead of the DEF CON 24 forum...
    Last edited by TheCotMan; October 25, 2016, 21:33.

Comment

Working...
    X