DC25 [beta] floorplan? Too soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC25 [beta] floorplan? Too soon?

Ok, so I know that this is likely in the works and we'll get it when it's ready (and I'm hoping that this post doesn't draw the ire of Nikita ) but it just occurred to me that one of the first and last things that I do as part of my daily routine for the past two weeks or so has been to check back for a peek at the beginnings of the DEF CON 25 Floorplan similar to the one for DC24 (https://forum.defcon.org/forum/defco...n-24-floorplan). Wasn't sure if it was just me or if there was a group of us already starting to get jittery ofr DC25 :)
    .: This post contains 100% recycled electrons :.

Originally posted by sainate View Post
    Ok, so I know that this is likely in the works and we'll get it when it's ready (and I'm hoping that this post doesn't draw the ire of Nikita ) but it just occurred to me that one of the first and last things that I do as part of my daily routine for the past two weeks or so has been to check back for a peek at the beginnings of the DEF CON 25 Floorplan similar to the one for DC24 (https://forum.defcon.org/forum/defco...n-24-floorplan). Wasn't sure if it was just me or if there was a group of us already starting to get jittery ofr DC25 :)
    If I were to guess, based on public information from the process last year and this year, I would guess that since CVE (Contests, Villages Events) CFP opening starts Feb 1 this year (based on past announcements for this year) that CVE will want to have some idea how they will be using their allocated spaces before any early floorplan beta-releases were made available.

Earliest I would guess for their to be an early floorplan with request for feedback would then be mid-to later February.

The later that the prototype floorplan is delayed, the more likely it is to be closer to what it will likely be.

Comment

As always, your response makes a ton of sense and is much appreciated. If I can ever track you down at the Con, I owe you a beer (or other reasonably priced beverage of your choice).

Comment

Probably not until late March.
        "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Nikita awesome, thank you!!

Comment

So, just in case there's folks out there obsessively clicking refresh on this post B-), any news on a beta floorplan?

Comment

Since it's an entirely new venue, I'd look more towards May for the floor plan.
              And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

sainate We're almost there, but waiting to make sure changes are approved BEFORE we make any solid announcement on the plan. I intended to release it last week, but minor things keep changing. I expect the plan to be released SOON, and hopefully within a week or two. I've taken initiative to add accessibility routes to pinpoint elevators, ramps, etc. As well as on the floorplan to indicate how to get to each floor, with direction arrows like how to get to the pool level, for example. To make the new location a little easier to parse for new attendees.
                "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

You are awesome, thank you!!

Comment

Took longer than I had anticipated.

Just posted <5 minutes ago:
                    https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-25/dc-25-venue.html

"Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Nikita you are awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                      X