Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entrance Fee Paid in Cash - Can I Get a Receipt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entrance Fee Paid in Cash - Can I Get a Receipt?

Sure, I know it's the policy to pay to cash--that's fine, but for billing and reimbursement purposes, does DefCon do receipts?--like a paper receipt showing the amount paid, date, etc?

Receipts have historically been available for download as a file from the website, or CD/DVD or extracted from its ISO, which you can print.

Here is an example from DEF CON 24 (last year)
    It usually takes about 1 week after DEF CON ends before the receipt is available for download on the website.

It is not clear right now if there will be a CD/DVD or an ISO/image for download at con.

It is also not clear if there will be any receipt options when badges are purchased. (Normally, no receipts were printed at the point of sale of badges -- you printed up the receipt(s) on your own later. When you buy your badge, you can ask about receipts to see if any are available at time of purchase, or if you are to print them up on your own.)

Please review the online receipt for last year (DEF CON 24:) would a receipt like that satisfy your book-keeping requirements? If not, explain how that receipt should be improved to satisfy your requirements.

Thanks, and good luck!
    -Cot
    Last edited by TheCotMan; May 22, 2017, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
      It usually takes about 1 week after DEF CON ends before the receipt is available for download on the website.

It is not clear right now if there will be a CD/DVD or an ISO/image for download at con.

It is also not clear if there will be any receipt options when badges are purchased. (Normally, no receipts were printed at the point of sale of badges -- you printed up the receipt(s) on your own later. When you buy your badge, you can ask about receipts to see if any are available at time of purchase, or if you are to print them up on your own.)

Please review the online receipt for last year (DEF CON 24:) would a receipt like that satisfy your book-keeping requirements? If not, explain how that receipt should be improved to satisfy your requirements.

Thanks, and good luck!
      -Cot
      The receipt will be available online ( defcon.org) the day of the conference on the website, on the media server (media.defcon.org) and in the tor of the DC25 Materials & Extras.

There is no main conference CD this year, it will be in a tor. I might make an .iso.
      There will still be a music CD.

No printed receipts are going to be made available.

If you need a government audit receipt, there is a "compromise" I've written for this, it has previously proven to satisfy the needs for reimbursement, email me at info at defcon.org if you need it, most people do NOT need this.

If you are unsure if the posted .pdf is unsatisfactory for your employer I would ask them what will work as "proof". You can present a wide form of evidence from airfare & hotel receipts, meal receipts, photographs of yourselves, the physical DEF CON badge and printed program, etc.

"Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Working...
      X