Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When on 7/1 does workshop registration open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When on 7/1 does workshop registration open?

The website states workshop registration opens on July 1, but it doesn't say when. In-person workshop registration sold out while I was still in line last year, so I want to jump on workshop reg ASAP this year :)

Originally posted by darkengine View Post
    The website states workshop registration opens on July 1, but it doesn't say when. In-person workshop registration sold out while I was still in line last year, so I want to jump on workshop reg ASAP this year :)
    Unless you find otherwise, assume that this page will have links to registration on or before the registration date:
    https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-2...workshops.html

Comment

Word from Nikita is:
      Workshop Registration will be handled online. Announcement will be made as we get ready to open reg. It will open July 1st.
      So, I would check that workshops web page ( https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-2...workshops.html ) as we get closer to July 1 for links and details on how to register online and if any fees are required. If you are lucky, those details will be available on the page before July 1, so you can know where to visit once it is possible to register.

If I am given more information to post on this I will.

HTH,
      -Cot

Comment

Workshop Registration will be handled online. Announcement will be made as we get ready to open reg the day before. Registration will open July 1st, 3pm Pacific Daylight Time.

Workshops will be free to attendees on a first come, first served basis (exceptions include possible low-fee for material costs, if it applies).

There will be a limited number of students on standby lists for each class, should a registration cancel.

There will be no onsite registration, period. Anyone on standby will be notified they are on standby before the conference. There will be NO onsite standby line or list to sign up for. Everything will be arranged pre-con.

Students will be limited to purchasing 2 tickets per class.

Can register for as many classes as you can attend in one day. ( No two classes at the same time. If you have mastered occupying two spaces at the same time, there are some physics academics who would be pleased to meet you among others)
        "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

It's come to my attention that 7/1 is smack in the middle of what would be consider 4th of July weekend for many. Many people may be taking time off to celebrate this American holiday with friends & family, therefore (because I would rather my team do the same) we will be moving the registration open date to July 5th, 3pm PDT. This means that our team can enjoy the weekend as well and it will not exclude people from registering who already planned to "disconnect" that weekend.

Since seats sell out fast, I felt it important to make sure that we took the approaching holiday in to consideration. As I get busier the closer DEF CON approaches it's easy for me to forget the summer months are also filled with times we should or are likely to disconnect. So, thank you to the attendee who brought it my attention.

Thanks,
          Nikita

"Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
            It's come to my attention that 7/1 is smack in the middle of what would be consider 4th of July weekend for many. Many people may be taking time off to celebrate this American holiday with friends & family, therefore (because I would rather my team do the same) we will be moving the registration open date to July 5th, 3pm PDT. This means that our team can enjoy the weekend as well and it will not exclude people from registering who already planned to "disconnect" that weekend.

Since seats sell out fast, I felt it important to make sure that we took the approaching holiday in to consideration. As I get busier the closer DEF CON approaches it's easy for me to forget the summer months are also filled with times we should or are likely to disconnect. So, thank you to the attendee who brought it my attention.

Thanks,
            Nikita

That is great news and I'm happy for the change! I'm sure it will make it much better for many of us who would not have been available on the weekend.

Comment

Hi All,

I have a question. Are the Workshops (when you register) included in the cost of the Con, or are they an additional charge?

NEVER MIND, I FOUND THE ANSWER...

Thanks,

D23
              Last edited by D23; July 3, 2017, 16:58.

Comment

Working...
              X