Old Ben Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Ben Road

Drove out to the shoot location this morning. Doing 75mph most of the way, from the east side of the valley where I live, it took me 55 minutes. During the week the big factor is going to be where 95 and Rt15 meet (the spaghetti bowl). They are doing major construction and only half the lanes are open (nicknamed "the big squeeze"). On a normal day the spaghetti bowl is a huge delay, so plan an extra 15-30 minutes to get through that. Once through that area, it's clear sailing. Google maps got me right to the spot. Bonus, I have T-Mobile and had full bars at 4G speeds (YMMV).

Weinie

Thanks for the real life dry run & reporting back!

~L0G1C

Comment

Originally posted by Weinie View Post
      Drove out to the shoot location this morning. Doing 75mph most of the way, from the east side of the valley where I live, it took me 55 minutes. During the week the big factor is going to be where 95 and Rt15 meet (the spaghetti bowl). They are doing major construction and only half the lanes are open (nicknamed "the big squeeze"). On a normal day the spaghetti bowl is a huge delay, so plan an extra 15-30 minutes to get through that. Once through that area, it's clear sailing. Google maps got me right to the spot. Bonus, I have T-Mobile and had full bars at 4G speeds (YMMV).

Weinie
      Yeah I drove it (but I am in the northwest), the squeeze will suck a bit but if users are using waze they will get directed through that Charleston \ MLK \ Valley View BS and skip the bowl. (depending on time). I have a Jeep so 75 is about my max speed lol any faster is not an option and it took me maybe 25-30 min at 3:00 PM.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the shoot!

Thanks
      B
      (@bmp51 * BMPTS * BMP)

Comment

thanks so much for checking things out!

also, looking forward to the Full Auto Shoot Talk, Weenie!
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
        X