Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride sharing thread

Hi there,

This will be my first year at Defcon and I want to attend to Defcon shoot. I come from outside the US and I won't have any vehicle with me there.

Does someone have a place for me in their vehicle? Get in touch, I'll pay the gas.

Thanks!

I also need a ride and will give gas money in exchange. If there's a dearth of drivers I'm willing to split a taxi with anyone else who needs a ride. Is there an established rendezvous point for ridesharing/caravan?

Comment

Usually there is a meeting place at the hotel for people to gather and find a ride on site if you don't find one before.
      However because we are at a new hotel this year I don't know where that will be. The closer to the self parking garage the better, and it should have an easy exit toward the freeway (not the strip).

If you're familiar with vegas and these hotels feel free to propose a location. (include a map, and times would help)

Comment

It will also by my first DEFCON conference and shoot. Is anyone is staying near the Flamingo I will happily chip in for fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by seeess View Post
          Usually there is a meeting place at the hotel for people to gather and find a ride on site if you don't find one before.

If you're familiar with vegas and these hotels feel free to propose a location. (include a map, and times would help)
          anyone have any thoughts about this? I'd like to offer up a ride to people, but I don't want to spend time tracking people down, or end up with someone stranded since we couldn't meet up.

Comment

Looking for: A ride on Wed. TO the shoot site prior to the first session intro 17:00 (5pm), 1 seat
            Looking for: A ride on Wed. FROM the shoot site following the first session 18:30 (6:30pm), 1 seat

Offering: A ride on Thursday TO the shoot site, leaving LAS airport at approx 8:15 (am), 2 seats available
            Offering: A ride on Thursday FROM the shoot site, leaving at approx 13:00 (1pm), returning directly to The Strip, 2 seats available

MAY also have extra seats later that day to Toxic BBQ, undecided. (Will depend on drinking plans.)

Comment

I was an RSO last year both days and looking to do the same. A lift would be appreciated and rewarded with sloppy kisses.

Comment

Hey guys, I'll have space in the car for one more, and possibly even two depending on how we all squeeze in. Planning on attending the full day on Wednesday.

Comment

I'll have a modest rental car, and will be able to bring a few people to and from the shoot on Wed. In past years, there's been a parking lot and time for people to meet up with those who could provide rides. If someone who's familiar with the Caesar's environs could help pick a spot we can all converge on to start from, that'd be most helpful.

Comment

First time DC attendee here, would love to join DC Shoot. Coming from the European mainland I won't be able to bring a gun, but hope to borrow one on-site.

Also looking for a ride on one of the days, will be chipping in on the gas of course.

Comment

We are three people from Norway that would really appreciate jumping on a ride out on Wednesday and back the same day. We are not bringing any gear. We can of course pay for gas+!

Comment

Looking for a ride, to and from Thursday. Hoping to grab a badge in the morning before heading out. Willing to contribute cash for gas or buy some ammo.

Comment

Hey, i will also come. How about sharing an Uber? If we split the costs for 4 people, that should be not too expensive. Who is interested?

Comment

Uber would be around $60 per ride. Not too bad, but I think there are cheaper options.

Since noone said anything yet about a meeting place, how about we meet at the entrance of the self-parking garage?

First hour parking there is free. Since the drive is approximately one hour and arrival time is between 16:30 and 17:00 I'd propose we meet at 15:30 and leave by 15:45.

A general overview about the parking situation/access/etc. can be found here: http://gamboool.com/caesars-palace-s...-and-colosseum (free parking is at the red dot)

Comment

Sounds like a good meeting spot. I'll; have a rental car and can help get people there on Wednesday.
                              Originally posted by MikeDE View Post

Since noone said anything yet about a meeting place, how about we meet at the entrance of the self-parking garage?

First hour parking there is free. Since the drive is approximately one hour and arrival time is between 16:30 and 17:00 I'd propose we meet at 15:30 and leave by 15:45.

A general overview about the parking situation/access/etc. can be found here: http://gamboool.com/caesars-palace-s...-and-colosseum (free parking is at the red dot)

Comment

Working...
                              X