Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Tangent
    replied
    mrglass Maybe suggest or organize a meetup? Jump over to https://forum.defcon.org/node/227574 and propose something? Pick a day time and location like maybe a chillout location.

Leave a comment:

• mrglass
    replied
    Are there any plans for a meetup? It would be cool to meet other disabled hackers in the community. Maybe something Thursday or Friday, so we can try to resolve any issues people have early in the conference.

Leave a comment:

• Delchi
    replied
    It looks like it's not going to make the web site anytime soon , so I'll start with the tablet package next.

Anyone have any other questions or needs? I'm still listening.

Leave a comment:

• 2bitwannabe
    replied
    I like the logo with the red highlights.

Thanks for the data drop Delchi

Leave a comment:

• Delchi
    replied
    OK folks here is your first data dump!

In this ZIP file you will find maps of all 3 hotels , how to get form one to the other , the list of houses of worship.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2kfu4kvark8sp4/HDA.zip?dl=0

Below is more info for you.

PLEASE PASS THIS AROUND!! IT WILL NOT BE ON THE WEB SITE FOR A WHILE YET.
    PARIS PH BALLYS
    GENERAL NEEDS Security : 702-945-4481 Security : 702-785-9939 Security : 702-967-4481
    SCOOTER RENTALS Concierge: 702-946-4433 Bell Desk : 702-785-5445 Concierge : 702-967-3800
    OK to Charge scooters Yes Yes Yes
    BABY CHANGING NO YES - One in conf area NO
    ANIMAL RELIEF Yes - between CVS and Hotel on North Side Yes - Outside near food court/ Avenue shops area
    PRAYER ROOMS NO NO NO
    BALLYS TO PARIS / PARIS TO BALLYS BALLYS / PARIS TO PLANET HOLLYWOOD
    TRAVEL Inside walkway between facilities as per map See Maps -TAKE A CAB IF YOU CAN NOT WALK OR DON’T HAVE A SCOOTER Inside walkway between facilities as per map

Leave a comment:

• Delchi
    replied
    GENERAL UPDATE :

I"m told that our section of the web site will be up this weekend. Please keep your information requests coming in!

Also : Help us choose a logo!

Click image for larger version

Name:	HDA Logo 4.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	228618 Click image for larger version

Name:	HDA Logo 1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	228619

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dark Tangent
    commented on 's reply
    Unfortunately the "Chapel" space is no longer available and has been converted to offices. :-(

• Delchi
    replied
    Originally posted by mrglass View Post

I run Shabb@con, full jewish prayer services & kosher meals on sabbath during Defcon. Would be nice to know about general use prayer rooms, and please send anyone looking for jewish services our way!

On a more fun note, the car hacking village had the scooter races last year. Fun contest that people on wheels can join in on, and they are very supportive of people hacking the scooters to get more speed. I know that the organizers were very keen on helping people who need these scooters year round with hacking & modifying their scooters.
    I heard last night that we may possibly have access to a space for your services. It is being negotiated with one of the sites, and I will keep you posted.

Leave a comment:

• Delchi
    replied
    Originally posted by mrglass View Post

I run Shabb@con, full jewish prayer services & kosher meals on sabbath during Defcon. Would be nice to know about general use prayer rooms, and please send anyone looking for jewish services our way!

On a more fun note, the car hacking village had the scooter races last year. Fun contest that people on wheels can join in on, and they are very supportive of people hacking the scooters to get more speed. I know that the organizers were very keen on helping people who need these scooters year round with hacking & modifying their scooters.
    Thanks for the info. So far all hotels have referred us to local houses of worship as they have none inside. They have provided me with a guide to them.

Scooter races are a great idea! I'm trying to get a local scooter tech to come out and talk during the con and this would be a great place to do it. PLease have them reach out to me with more info so I can include it.

Thanks again !

- D

Leave a comment:

• mrglass
    replied
    Originally posted by Delchi View Post
    UPDATE : We have infor for PH, Ballys and Paris. Just waiting on the official web space on the DC web site to post it. Wil also posit it here!

New requests : Baby changing stations, Prayer rooms, and Service animal relief areas. Keep your ideas coming in!

Leave a comment:

• Delchi
    replied
    Originally posted by djspacebunny View Post
    I JUST saw this post and had to create an account because of it. I run a chronic pain community of over 25,000 people, and would love to contribute any knowledge or ideas you might need to make defcon more accessible to those of us who can't get around so well, or need accommodations for stuff. I highly suggest a nice quiet room with low light for folks with autism attending. All the stuff going on can really overwhelm a persons senses.
    There are designated " Chill out " rooms that are low lit, low key, and are fairly large. Also I believe Pillow Fort con is back this year, I'll have to check.

Leave a comment:

• djspacebunny
    replied
    I JUST saw this post and had to create an account because of it. I run a chronic pain community of over 25,000 people, and would love to contribute any knowledge or ideas you might need to make defcon more accessible to those of us who can't get around so well, or need accommodations for stuff. I highly suggest a nice quiet room with low light for folks with autism attending. All the stuff going on can really overwhelm a persons senses.

Leave a comment:

• Delchi
    replied
    Ar you folks still out there? I"m about to annouce some more stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Delchi
    replied
    UPDATE : We have infor for PH, Ballys and Paris. Just waiting on the official web space on the DC web site to post it. Wil also posit it here!

New requests : Baby changing stations, Prayer rooms, and Service animal relief areas. Keep your ideas coming in!

Leave a comment:

• Delchi
    replied
    Hey all! Glad to see the first few folks coming in here. I've been working on getting us a meetup site and possibly more. Also the hotel info shoudl be in late this week. Thanks for joining in and please spread the word!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X