• DEF CON Shoot

https://deviating.net/firearms/defcon_shoot/
    Starts
    August 7th, 2019
    Ends
    August 7th, 2019
    The Dark Tangent: Use PGP for email Key ID: 0x8B0B476D
    Fingerprint: EA2B 63F9 2219 9171 2AB1 0065 FC59 8B0B 476D

Noob here jumping in with something hopefully helpful and intelligent :) I'd love this shoot to be my first DEFCON event, but I don't really want to hassle with TSA and other authority while traveling from Texas with this kind of hardware. I've love to be able to show up with a supply of ammo and shoot share with interested parties. Is there where I connect for that sort of activity?

Comment

Hi - are all the lanes reserved already? I was trying to add registrations and lanes and keep getting a sold out notice on the lanes....

Comment

Originally posted by Rhavloth View Post
        Noob here jumping in with something hopefully helpful and intelligent :) I'd love this shoot to be my first DEFCON event, but I don't really want to hassle with TSA and other authority while traveling from Texas with this kind of hardware. I've love to be able to show up with a supply of ammo and shoot share with interested parties. Is there where I connect for that sort of activity?
        There's pretty much always people willing to let you shoot their guns if you provide factory ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by polacmel View Post
          Hi - are all the lanes reserved already? I was trying to add registrations and lanes and keep getting a sold out notice on the lanes....
          Sorry for the delay - when the forums had problems last year we started coordinating on Slack, and Gigs reminded us that there were still some comments here. Yeah, all are reserved for this year. Would you be intending on bringing your own firearms(s) and want a lane, or want to be able to get some time in on other lanes?

Comment

As Gigs already mentioned, you're absolutely welcome to come shoot many/most people's gear, including mine. Most people in that position will offer to pay for ammo rather than supply their own - it makes things much easier than assuming calibers, or limiting yourself to only the 9mm or 5.56 (or whatever you're packing). In addition some people are particular about the care and feeding of their gear, so using their ammo is often better than bringing your own. Please let me know if you've got any more questions.

Comment

Originally posted by polacmel View Post
              Mostly official answer:
              1. anyone can show up late
              2. everyone still has to abide by the rules (a video of last year's intro is online so people can be briefed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAmaku8POp4
              3. they can then look for lanes that people are marking as "visitors welcome" on the white boards (or they can use unoccupied lanes if someone hasn't shown up)
              4. but if they use unoccupied lanes, then they have to make room and leave if the correct person *does* show up at some point

Comment

Sounds good. Cash is easier but I didn't want to make assumptions. If there are generally "visitors welcome" lanes, I'll plan for that.

Comment

Sounds good. Cash is easier but I didn't want to make assumptions. If there are generally "visitors welcome" lanes, I'll plan for that.
                  There are always several, with a virtual showroom of different firearms to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Modafinil View Post

There are always several, with a virtual showroom of different firearms to try.
                    I'm drooling over the albums from previous years.

Comment

Un-Free Shooter here. I've never touched a gun before. Would I be able to try shooting out here or would it be better to go to one of the commercial firing ranges?

Comment

Originally posted by irrational View Post
                        Un-Free Shooter here. I've never touched a gun before. Would I be able to try shooting out here or would it be better to go to one of the commercial firing ranges?
                        You absolutely would be able to try out several different firearms here.

Comment

I see that pre-registration is closed, but that I can show up with cash. Do I have to arrive at the 1030-1100 registration window or can I come later in the day. (I'm trying to keep the job happy with the sessions still going on at BlackHat AND do this too :) )

Comment

I see that pre-registration is closed, but that I can show up with cash. Do I have to arrive at the 1030-1100 registration window or can I come later in the day. (I'm trying to keep the job happy with the sessions still going on at BlackHat AND do this too :) )
                            in broad strokes:
                            1. anyone can show up late
                            2. everyone still has to abide by the rules (a video of last year's intro is online so people can be briefed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAmaku8POp4
                            3. they can then look for lanes that people are marking as "visitors welcome" on the white boards (or they can use unoccupied lanes if someone hasn't shown up)
                            4. but if they use unoccupied lanes, then they have to make room and leave if the correct person *does* show up at some point

Comment

.please enter a message with 10 characters

Comment

Working...
                              X