X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workshop Information: Hacking ICS: From Open Source Tools to Custom Scripts

Title: Hacking ICS: From Open Source Tools to Custom Scripts

Instructor: Valerie Thomas, Harry Regan, & Harry Thomas

Abstract: Recently, Industrial Control System (ICS) attacks have gained popularity in the media. However there are many misconceptions on what exactly ICS systems are and how they function. Although there are similarities to IT systems, there are a multitude of differences that an attacker needs to understand in order to properly assess this type of equipment. In this course, students will be introduced to what ICS is and isn't in terms of technology and functionality. Protocols such as Ethernet/IP, Modbus, and DNP3 will be discussed and illustrated in order for students to have a foundation to build their arsenal. Students will then explore openly available open source tools and examine the functionality of the protocols. After dissection of protocol commands and activities, the students will be led to create their own custom scripts that interact with ICS devices in the classroom.

Level: Beginner

Pre-Requisites: An understanding of basic networking concepts.

Required Materials: For those who want to participate in the hands-on portion of the workshop, a laptop with Kali Linux installed on the host or as a virtual machine.

While you are preparing this week for Hacking ICS, I suggest you get the following started:

Kali Linux (Metasploit Purposes Only)
    Python 2.7
    Python-Scapy
    Favorite Code Editor (I prefer Visual Studio Code or Sublime)
    Wireshark

Comment

Hi, I'm a student doing my final project (one week of the summer course is left) - I need to create a glossary on ICS cybersecurity. Also: can I include SCADAhacker pimion testing software tools into the list?

Comment

Working...
      X