Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avatar Changes?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Avatar Changes?

    Is anyone else having trouble changing their avatar? I've tried three different browsers and even tried downloading other people's avatar images (thinking it was a size issue). Nothing I do works.

  • #2
    Originally posted by CryptoJones View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble changing their avatar? I've tried three different browsers and even tried downloading other people's avatar images (thinking it was a size issue). Nothing I do works.
    Thanks for the report. I will look into this.
    We just upgraded forum software yesterday; maybe an old bug has returned?
    IIRC, there were 2 ways to import an avatar, and one did not work.
    I'll see what the state is now.
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by number6 View Post

      Thanks for the report. I will look into this.
      We just upgraded forum software yesterday; maybe an old bug has returned?
      IIRC, there were 2 ways to import an avatar, and one did not work.
      I'll see what the state is now.
      Your avatar was one of the ones I downloaded!

      https://www.cryptospace.com/~akclark/images/number6.png
      Last edited by CryptoJones; 4 weeks ago.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CryptoJones View Post

        Your avatar was one of the ones I downloaded!

        https://www.cryptospace.com/~akclark/images/number6.png
        I am able to duplicate the problem you are seeing.

        We will investigate this.

        Thanks for the report!
        6: "Who is Number1?"
        2: "You are number6"
        6: "I am not a number!..."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by number6 View Post

          I am able to duplicate the problem you are seeing.

          We will investigate this.

          Thanks for the report!
          Just joined, and having the same issue. Thank you for looking into it!

          Comment


          • #6
            I've been unable to change mine as well. I tried again just now and still wasn't able to. Over the last few days, it would let me upload a pic, but it never showed up as my avatar. This morning, the edit avatar button pops up as available, but at the bottom of the profile box where I can't click it. :)

            Comment


            • #7
              We have a ticket in to VB, hoping they have a fix.
              The Dark Tangent: Use PGP for email Key ID: 0x8B0B476D
              Fingerprint: EA2B 63F9 2219 9171 2AB1 0065 FC59 8B0B 476D

              Comment


              • #8
                Please try changing your avatar, and let me know if it works for you.

                The forums don't support *downloading* an avatar from the internet, but they *should* support you uploading an avatar to the forums with the first option "browse" to a file, and then upload it.

                If the image is too large, then you should get a step where you can drag a rectangle to what part of the larger image you want to use.
                If you re-size the rectangle to make it larger, then the result will be a loss of pixels as the forum software library for images reduces it the the maximum resolution for avatars by pixels.

                If you try to upload an image where the extension does not match the file type you will probably get an error.
                (If you want to upload a PNG, then make sure the file ends in .png. If it ends in .jpg or .jpeg or .bmp, then upload will probably fail, Upload of an EXE or shared-object should also fail. If you want to upload a JPEG file, then have it end with ".jpg" and if you want to upload a PNG file, then make sure it ends in ".png")

                Your feedback is welcome and desired.

                Thanks again for the report!
                -Number6

                (Also tested attachments: they still work.)
                Last edited by number6; 3 weeks ago.
                6: "Who is Number1?"
                2: "You are number6"
                6: "I am not a number!..."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Alright! Avatar uploads working again!
                  The Dark Tangent: Use PGP for email Key ID: 0x8B0B476D
                  Fingerprint: EA2B 63F9 2219 9171 2AB1 0065 FC59 8B0B 476D

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Got it! Thank you!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      There are some possibilities´╝Ü
                      1.You don't have the permission to change your avatar since you are new here.
                      2.The way you change your avatar is incorrect. The forums don't support *downloading* an avatar from the internet rather than upload an avatar to the forums with the first option "browse" to a file, and then upload it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Just to confirm, working on my end! Thanks all!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X