DEF CON Forum Site Header Art

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like to start a New Village who can I contact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to start a New Village who can I contact?

Good Morning Everyone ... I need help ...I would like to start a new village but I don't know where to start and who to contact? I need help thanks ...

Originally posted by Jude View Post
    Good Morning Everyone ... I need help ...I would like to start a new village but I don't know where to start and who to contact? I need help thanks ...
    For DEF CON 27, there was a "Village CFP" (Call For Papers) where people could submit their ideas. It was mentioned here:
    https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-27/dc-27-index.html (search on page for "village cfps")
    That provided some information and linked to:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Defcon/comm..._village_cfps/

It is likely a similar process will exist next year.

Pay attention to the announcements on the main defcon.org web page, or the defcon28 planning page when it exists.
    If "polling" is not something you are willing to try, you can gamble that the process for next year will be announced on the forums or on twitter.

(I am not in charge of Villages, nor do I represent them; none of my answers are authoritative for the goons that support DEF CON Villages)

Good Luck!
    Last edited by number6; August 12, 2019, 10:08.
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Originally posted by hatyga
      I don't know where to start and who to contact? I need help thanks ...
      About starting a DEF CON Group, or a village?
      If you are looking to run a village or contest or other event at DEF CON, Would this be for DEF CON in Las Vegas or DEF CON in China?
      6: "Who is Number1?"
      2: "You are number6"
      6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Working...
      X