DEF CON Forum Site Header Art

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want to see at the Virtual Lock Bypass Village?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want to see at the Virtual Lock Bypass Village?

As many of you are aware, this is our second year as a village at DEF CON, and our first time running a virtual village! So we'd love to hear some ideas about what you want to see, whether there are talks or demos you want to see (also, our CFP is coming soon!) or ideas on how to make our virtual content more interactive! Our team is hard at work brainstorming and planning, and we're always open to suggestions.
    Last edited by Dark Tangent; May 12, 2020, 01:50.

Some random suggestions and ideas:
    1.) A virtual lock simulator with interaction that includes physical bypass. This could be scaled to buildings, secure cabinets, etc.
    2.) A channel, talk, or gallery of lock bypass fails and successes in the past year.

Comment

[QUOTE=el_mariachi;n232192]Some random suggestions and ideas:
      1.) A virtual lock simulator with interaction that includes physical bypass. This could be scaled to buildings, secure cabinets, etc.
      2.) A channel, talk, or gallery of lock bypass fails and successes in the past year.
      [/QUOTE]

Neat ideas! I'll bring these ideas of our planning meetings!

Comment

I'm a complete novice, but definitely second that interactive virtual lock simulator. Visualizing things help a lot in learning.

I would also be interested in seeing something that's not possible in a crowded conference floor environment.

An idea may be sound-based lockpicking like what this guy did here?
        [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_dWcmezdeE[/URL]

Comment

That's quite an idea, definitely mention that to Lockpicking Village, I think that's be a really cool thing to see. Lock Bypass Village covers physical security bypasses that don't involve lockpicking, so things like shimming, carding doors, etc!

Comment

id like to see places where you can get good bypass tools or how to make your own, i know how to make picking tools and how to make loiding shims out of hotel keys but nothing terribly technical. im really new to defcon and would love to see some stuff like this

Comment

• hwenab
              hwenab commented
              Editing a comment
              We are working on planning out some DIY workshop sessions that people can follow along at home! What kind of items do you want to see made?

[FONT=Calibri]Door position switches. Can you find them and can you do something about them?[/FONT]

Comment

• hwenab
              hwenab commented
              Editing a comment
              We've been meaning to do more in-depth information on these sensors/alarms, since last year we only had one display with sensors and the like. Are there particular varieties or styles that you'd be interested in hearing about, or those types of sensors in general?

Keeping it the pentest realm:
            How to find the ones that recess into door and frame.
            How to find the externally mounted ones.
            Then maybe get fancy with exploits.
            Then crank it up with exploits of some of the maximum security types with their “mated” magnets and such.

See the following as an example of a product that works hard to be tamper resistant.
            [url]https://www.assaabloyesh.com/Local/assaabloyeshCOM/Securitron/_OWNA2.0/Documents/Installation_Instructions/Access_Control_Accessories/MSS-1%20500-16700_D.pdf[/url]

Comment

Working...
            X