Movies to watch during Safe Mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies to watch during Safe Mode?

I'd like to do some group movie or documentary watching parties during Safe Mode.

Can everyone suggest what you think would be good to watch, on theme, and interesting?

I was going through the documentaries on infocon and there are some good ones on hacker history, and some documentaries like the Aaron Schwartz "Internet's Own Boy" that might be good groups watch / chat opportunities.

PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

The Great Hack [Netflix]
    Kill Chain: The Cyber War on America's Elections [HBO]

Would be on theme documentaries related to 'racial issues in the US?

Maybe also add some podcasts ? I recently started listening Dark Net Diaries, some stories have a lot of DEFCON on them.

Comment

• luxifer
      luxifer commented
      Editing a comment
      I just finished The Great Hack - Holy Terrifying but incredibly informative and insightful. Thanks for the recommendation

Ideally something that would be fun for hackers to sit around and "Mystery Science 3k" it, or almost doing a "Pop Up Video" style of comment while it is playing.
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

"Zero Days" is a pretty good one about Operation: Olympic Games aka Stuxnet

Comment

Originally posted by luxifer View Post
        "Zero Days" is a pretty good one about Operation: Olympic Games aka Stuxnet
        I just watched it. Very interesting.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

Kill Chain was quite interesting. What do people think about screening 'The Imitation Game'?

Comment

Originally posted by sleestak View Post
            Kill Chain was quite interesting. What do people think about screening 'The Imitation Game'?
            Fantastic movie and would love to watch this during SafeMode.

Comment

Working...
            X