[While this was posted on the DEF CON homepage June 15 2020 I wanted to duplicate it in my blog so it doesn't get lost over time]
Posted 6.15.20
Click image for larger version

Name:	blm.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	232968

To DEF CON, Black lives matter. Justice matters. Accountability matters.

Acts performed by those with a badge are performed by the consent of all of us - because the authority of the badge ultimately does not belong to its bearer. The authority of the badge is on loan from us, the people.

There are real inequities in the way the law is applied to Black people in America. These inequities, rooted in the very foundations of the country, are stubborn things. They persist, and we are all accountable for them. With that accountability comes an obligation to make things right, to see justice done wherever it’s been denied, and work for a better tomorrow.

We have donated $5,000 to The Bail Project and $5,000 to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund in hopes that our little company can show some solidarity with the movement and help build that better world we all want.

As far as I’m concerned, none of this is political, or even controversial. I’m not interested in debating anyone’s humanity, or anyone’s right to equal treatment under the law. Good faith discussions about the best way to do the right thing, however, are always welcome. Moments where real change is possible are rare. Let’s not waste this one.

- The Dark Tangent