Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC808 - Def Con Safe Mode Options?

Aloha DC808

Def Con is actually canceled this year as you know, but only the in-person hive-of-scum-and-villainy part. The conference is going free & virtual with a ton of content:
    https://defcon.org/html/defcon-safemode/dc-safemode-faq.html Grab the music while you're there!

Thursday 8/6 is 101 Orientation and Discord server opens, and 8/7-9 holds the glorious virtual conference content we're after. This is the ONE TIME (hopefully) that 'def con is canceled' swag is legit haha, so grab some. The badge this year is literally a cassette tape, and is not required to participate.

I'm thinking I'll spin up a Zoom room we can use to watch-party solo or in small groups with appropriate plague precautions, but I'm open to other options. What are your thoughts?

Joel

EDIT: We're 3 hours behind Las Vegas, so need to plan accordingly
    Last edited by DC808; 1 week ago.
DC808 Honolulu, Hawaii USA

About this Group

Point of Contact: Joel

POC Email: info@dc808.org

DC808 Meets: TBD

Description: Infosec in Hawaii is a big deal, but there’s not enough organic knowledge transfer. We have very few security conferences – ShakaCon is pretty much the only consistent one, so I want to provide a recurring meeting where security geeks can discuss the latest. Leadership will be me and whoever else feels like volunteering in whichever capacity they’re comfortable.

Interests: Security, broadly speaking. I’m deeply involved with identity management, so that’s a start, but we have all branches of the US military and intel services here, so I’m sure there’ll be a ton of desire to talk/hear about pertinent issues there as well.
Type: Public
Topics: 2
Comments: 0

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X