Did you hear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you hear?

Lots of talk about the lanyard, did you hear? Seems some of the tape tracks feel neglected. Oh well.

I'll just go listen to some rumors....yeah...simpler times....

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-see-what-5b9ba4.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	233786

Comment

There is definitely something on side A.

Comment

Here's what I think, showing work to push answers down if anyone wants to get there on their own:

Obelisk and NP-Incomplete are halves of DTMF numbers

Obelisk
        1336__1477__1477__1477__1477__1477__1209__1477__12 09__1477__1477__1477__1209__1477

NP-Incomplete
        697___770___697___697___852___770___852___697___85 2___852___852___852___770___852

Giving you the tones
        2 6 3 3 9 6 7 3 7 9 9 9 4 9

Click image for larger version  Name:	dtmf.gif Views:	0 Size:	9.3 KB ID:	233799

Which you can turn into letters old school style where each press of the same number gets you a new letter on the keypad - 2 = A 2 2 = B and so on

A M E W M P D P Y G W

Things to note, each keypress is 1sec, but the times between the keypresses vary. They're not the same between tones, and not the same between the two tracks. However I think this doesn't matter, it's just to keep them from lining them up and being able to use a decoder??? Please don't let there be another level of goodness in the gaps.

That's one direction.

263 is also the country code of Zimbabwe... something something track titles...

P.S. If this leads to stuff, thanks dad for getting me a 2600 subscription starting when I was in 5th grade plus Blacklisted 411 when we could find them.
        Last edited by Gingerballz; 4 days ago.

Comment

• robe1221
          robe1221 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was able to come to the same conclusion as you did up to the text "A M E W M P D P Y G W". Though I can't help to wonder why the tones were separated, if they were truely DMTF, they would be at the same time. Though both groups were about 20 secs long and there were an equal number of tones in each group.
          Last edited by robe1221; 3 days ago. Reason: misspelled some words

• robe1221
          robe1221 commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, if you look at a straight number to letter conversion, you get "B F C C I F G C G I I I D I"

Ignore 'ABCD', also ignore the DTMF tone varying silences as the spec allows for a threshold.

Comment

You might be on to something; if we line up your tone numbers to the letters on the keypad:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 4.44.34 PM.png
Views:	357
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	233805
          You can make out things like CODEWORD ... but then my scheme falls apart for the remaining numbers...
          Attached Files

Comment

• OffFleekGeek
            OffFleekGeek commented
            Editing a comment
            Small note, key 7 is "PRS" since Q is skipped, so it could be "CODEWORDS"
            EDIT: I looked at a different phone, and 7 is "PQRS" and 9 is "WXYZ", so that could be important...
            Last edited by OffFleekGeek; 1 day ago.

i think the code word has to do with aligning planets :)

Comment

XXXIX could be a roman numeral.

maybe translate to binary

not sure what or if this will help ;)

Comment

Anyone else getting a spelling error on the number station code in the audio of side 1? Could be an error on my part, but I'm pretty sure there should be a V for victory in there, and equally convinced that if there is an error it is on purpose.

Comment

• d@em0n
                d@em0n commented
                Editing a comment
                Was it these numbers at about 3:38 into side A? 15 18 6 8 5 18 7 2 17 5 22 1 24 12 2 8 5 2 9 14 25 7 22 1 18

• OffFleekGeek
                OffFleekGeek commented
                Editing a comment
                I had a V in there and it seemed to work out without an error. And, I laughed until I had tears in my eyes at the results :D

• SqrrlGrl
                SqrrlGrl commented
                Editing a comment
                I laughed super hard, too OffFleekGeek! ::dead::

I can't help to wonder if the ground noise is actual data....just trying to figure out how to extract it. Anyone have any pointers?

Comment

• xrqz
                xrqz commented
                Editing a comment
                Sure! What tools would you use to debug an analog grounding problem with audio equipment?

• robe1221
                robe1221 commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think it would be debugging, more splicing up the audio file into chunks based on those segments of the "grounding noise" (called such by the voice in the audio). I have looked at it with Sonic Visualizer, and it appears sawtooth in form, but I am not quite sure how to splice the file based on times or potential something header/footer based.

Wrong thread...oops
              Attached Files
              Last edited by SqrrlGrl; 4 days ago.

Comment

• SqrrlGrl
                SqrrlGrl commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry....meant to put this in the lanyard thread. Oops. I'll put it over there.

So on Side A at about 3:38 you have the following numbers 15 18 6 8 5 18 7 2 17 5 22 1 24 12 2 8 5 2 9 14 25 7 22 1 18, they are an A1Z26 Cipher, which translates to orfhergbqevaxlbhebinygvarorfher . Then take that and push it through a ROT13 conversion you get besuretodrinkyourovaltine

Hope this helps, I am now working on the insert, since I don't know what else to do with the audio. HAHA.

Comment

Working...
              X