DEF CON 29 Theme Announced: 'You Can't Stop the Signal'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEF CON 29 Theme Announced: 'You Can't Stop the Signal'

It’s official. DEF CON season has arrived. DEF CON 29 will be happening this August in one form or another and that means it’s time to announce the theme!

The theme for DEF CON 29 is (imagine a drum roll here) ‘You Can’t Stop the Signal’.

The signal can be a few things. It’s the powerful force that draws DEF CON together as a community, across miles, across years, even in global lockdown. It can be the magnet that draws us to the people trying to solve the same puzzles we are, who want to learn how everything works as much as we do. And it’s how we instinctively know that the technology we live with can be better, and we are the ones to figure out how.

We’ve put together a style guide that lays out a bunch of our inspirations for this year, from visual aesthetic to music, to movies and books. We hope it inspires you in whatever you’re creating for DC29, and we hope it gives you the same powerful sense of community and possibility that we feel.

The style guide also governs the Art Contest, so if you're artistically inclined we hope you'll find a nugget or two in there to inspire your entries. We look forward to seeing what you come up with and we thank you for being the kind of amazing, unstoppable community that keeps us coming back.

Check out the full style guide at: https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-29/dc-29-theme.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	dc29logo.png
Views:	792
Size:	613.4 KB
ID:	236389

I love it! The style guide is full of so many of the things that brought me to hacking in the first place. Wherever we meet, I'm really looking forward to it!

Comment

This year's theme hit right in the feels.

I know I'm not the only one that's been tracking the signal in one way or another. This is the closest I've ever felt to the source.

Comment

Working...
      X