DEF CON Forum Site Header Art

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Book Club 2.0 - Nominate books for second selection - Suggestions accepted until 4/15/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Club 2.0 - Nominate books for second selection - Suggestions accepted until 4/15/2021

SUBMIT SUGGESTIONS TO THIS THREAD UNTIL 4/15/2021 AT THAT TIME I WILL START A POLL BASED ON THE SUGGESTIONS HERE

We have two carryover's from the last poll. American Kingpin and Stealing the Network, but since then they have announced the DefCon 29 theme "Can't Stop the Signal" so I am going to suggest Infomacracy by Malka Older https://www.amazon.com/Infomocracy-B...7492505&sr=8-1

"It's been twenty years and two election cycles since Information, a powerful search engine monopoly, pioneered the switch from warring nation-states to global micro-democracy. The corporate coalition party Heritage has won the last two elections. With another election on the horizon, the Supermajority is in tight contention, and everything's on the line.

With power comes corruption. For Ken, this is his chance to do right by the idealistic Policy1st party and get a steady job in the big leagues. For Domaine, the election represents another staging ground in his ongoing struggle against the pax democratica. For Mishima, a dangerous Information operative, the whole situation is a puzzle: how do you keep the wheels running on the biggest political experiment of all time, when so many have so much to gain?

Infomocracy is Malka Older's debut novel."
    I'll also suggest Hardwired by Walter Jon Williams https://www.amazon.com/Hardwired-Com...7492750&sr=1-3

"Hardwired, the acknowledged inspiration for the games Cyberpunk Red and Cyberpunk 2077, is now available in a deluxe edition for its thirtieth anniversary, with new content by the author.

Earth lies prostrate beneath the lash of the Orbital powers, and Earth’s Balkanized nations have no choice but to let the Orbitals plunder their remaining wealth. Below the zone of Orbital control, buttonheads, panzerjocks, dirtgirls, and hustlers scramble for their ticket out of the gravity well.

But now, if the criminal underworld and the guerrilla underground can join forces, there is a chance to shift the balance of power— in a war fought on the ground by hardwired commandos, in the air by high-flying deltajocks, and by genius hackers in the neural interface."

Originally posted by csh98036 View Post
    since they have announced the DefCon 29 theme "Can't Stop the Signal" so I am going to suggest Infomacracy by Malka Older
    Sounds interesting.
    Kool-Aid Wino
    All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace

Comment

I'm too late since this closed already, but I'm interested in Silicon Values by Jillian C York

Comment

Working...
      X