In Person Social Engineering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Person Social Engineering

Who would be game for some in-person social engineering?? I am pretty sure I am going to attend in person again this year as I will be fully vaccinated in the next 3 weeks.. (getting 2nd shot tomorrow).

Given the challenges of social distancing and masks this could get really interesting!

That would be cool! One of my favorite parts of SE village is the phone booth, and I can't imagine how they would do that virtually. Any chance we could make it happen in-person? Let me know!

Comment

• BuildITBetter
      BuildITBetter commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Dark Tangent, I would be willing to setup and run the phone booth, can you help connect me with the right people? Any chance who was used for setting up the sound proof booth in the past? As for allowing for virtual participants.. we could do a screen and zoom session on there so we could watch the person while they are making calls and monitor them and stuff... but still ways you could hack around that as well... thinking we'd have to have them connect to a remote VoIP client/dialer so we could validate numbers they are actually calling and stuff..

Anyone else, thoughts?

I would be interested in this!

Comment

BuildITBetter That mostly sounds good, but as for the virtual part... I'm not sure we could safely do this virtually since there is too much of a risk of remote interference or privacy issues. Maybe just keep it in-person only?

Comment

• BuildITBetter
        BuildITBetter commented
        Editing a comment
        So I approached the guy who does the SE village every year, and he seems to have no interest in allowing me or in supporting me in doing this. Which sucks, as I'd totally be ok running the in-person event, but could use the help for the logistics around getting the sound proof booth setup and stuff.. If anyone who has been involved with this in the past wants to help me and try and figure this out, it would be awesome.

BuildITBetter aww, even if it's in-person only with ZERO remote live audience? That's too bad. Is there a specific restriction or concern he has in mind? If not and it's just a matter of strained resources than I can see what I can do to help...!

Comment

i am interested in this

Comment

The usual guy who runs this village has made it clear he has no interest in me helping run something in-person (which to be fair he doesn't know me so I get that)... If we had the sound proof booth and/or resources to make this all happen I'd be happy to put in the effort and contribute in making it happen.

Comment

Working...
          X