CFP Will Close Friday - July 2nd 11:59PM PDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFP Will Close Friday - July 2nd 11:59PM PDT

Last chance to get your hardware hack present submitted!
    Starts
    July 2, 2021 23:58
    Ends
    July 2, 2021 23:59
    -------------------------------------
    Vaka vanha Väinämöinen
    käski nuoren, käski vanhan

Originally posted by TieShort View Post
    Last chance to get your hardware hack present submitted!
    Is it ok with you if I edit this event to classify it as a "Village" event so it will be exported to the main site as an upcoming date?
    All unclassified events don't get exported.
    Present classifications for events on forums:
    * Unclassified (default for all new events and can't yet be changed by anyone except maybe mods and admins.)
    * Conference
    * Contest
    * DCG Meeting
    * Deadline
    * DEF CON (for things from DEF CON like DEF CON CFP, etc.)
    * Virtual
    * Village
    Sorry, only one classification is allowed per forum event.

As of "now" any event that has a classification other than "unclassified" is included in the main defcon site "Upcoming Dates" on the right-side of the page: https://defcon.org/ sorted from soonest as of "now" to latest. (Thanks to Neil for making that work.)
    number6
    404 Image not found
    Last edited by number6; July 1, 2021, 21:50.
    Disclaimer: I do not run or control any villages, contests, events, parties, etc. at DEF CON. Any announcements or updates about Villages, Contests, Events, Parties, etc. posted by me include content from the people running it. I am not responsible for their content or claims. Any answers provided by me about these are best-effort with information i have available at the time of posting/edit but are NOT authoritative. For official answers, contact the organizers. I grant permission to any DEF CON Forum admins to alter announcements for these as needed.
    ------------------------------------------
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Originally posted by number6 View Post

Is it ok with you if I edit this event to classify it as a "Village" event so it will be exported to the main site as an upcoming date?
      All unclassified events don't get exported.
      Present classifications for events on forums:
      * Unclassified (default for all new events and can't yet be changed by anyone except maybe mods and admins.)
      * Conference
      * Contest
      * DCG Meeting
      * Deadline
      * DEF CON (for things from DEF CON like DEF CON CFP, etc.)
      * Virtual
      * Village
      Sorry, only one classification is allowed per forum event.

As of "now" any event that has a classification other than "unclassified" is included in the main defcon site "Upcoming Dates" on the right-side of the page: https://defcon.org/ sorted from soonest as of "now" to latest. (Thanks to Neil for making that work.)
      Never-mind. It is now after July 2, 2021.
      Disclaimer: I do not run or control any villages, contests, events, parties, etc. at DEF CON. Any announcements or updates about Villages, Contests, Events, Parties, etc. posted by me include content from the people running it. I am not responsible for their content or claims. Any answers provided by me about these are best-effort with information i have available at the time of posting/edit but are NOT authoritative. For official answers, contact the organizers. I grant permission to any DEF CON Forum admins to alter announcements for these as needed.
      ------------------------------------------
      6: "Who is Number1?"
      2: "You are number6"
      6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Yeah, time goes by so quickly. Approaching DEFCON is like approaching a time version of an event horizon. Well maybe the opposite of that cause as you approach an event horizon, time slows down relative to rest of the universe, cause you are going faster and faster. Anyway, The number of things to get done grows and the time to do them in is shrinking to 0. I will keep the classification in mind for next year, if I am graced with the chance to try again on this crazy ride. Thanks for all you do!
        -------------------------------------
        Vaka vanha Väinämöinen
        käski nuoren, käski vanhan

Comment

Working...
        X