May not be able to use ticket 😔

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May not be able to use ticket 😔

Sry in advance but I don't know where to post this or even call to ask but does anyone know if DefCon tix can be transferred/resold I may have a IT job opportunity that starts the week of ??? If they are resalable I'll sell it for a substantial discount of course...

Originally posted by z0n3 View Post
    Sry in advance but I don't know where to post this or even call to ask but does anyone know if DefCon tix can be transferred/resold I may have a IT job opportunity that starts the week of ??? If they are resalable I'll sell it for a substantial discount of course...
    Because it is a code and the code is independent from vaccine confirmation station and no ID is presently required for badge pickup (and I do not anticipate any such ID check for badge pickup), I don't see anything *functionally* preventing anyone from claiming a badge code they have to get a badge. People buying several badges as gifts is possible, allowing each recipient to claim a badge with their own code.

The bigger problem you face when trying to re-sell a badge code is that the code is effectively a "shared secret" && once redeemed, can't be redeemed again, so whoever you sell it to would have to trust that you would not redeem it or sell the same code to multiple people or sell a code which is invalid. A cost of trying to avoid checking ID where possible would mean not checking the person redeeming the code as being the same as the purchaser.

Then again, if DEF CON runs out of badges, then re-sale of a badge could become an option for people willing to risk a code possibly being duplicated...
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Working...
    X