How to: Gift online-only Human+ and Code Activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to: Gift online-only Human+ and Code Activation

Hi, I had the human+ when I purchased the online-only badge and human+ package, I'd like to gift the human+ to a member. I have my code however, I do not find the steps that he'll need to get the human+ status. I'm a newbie to the forum, I've never been to a con, this is my first badge and am fumbling about (although with excitement!)

Thank you for any assistance you can provide me.

Originally posted by n-dei View Post
    Hi, I had the human+ when I purchased the online-only badge and human+ package, I'd like to gift the human+ to a member. I have my code however, I do not find the steps that he'll need to get the human+ status. I'm a newbie to the forum, I've never been to a con, this is my first badge and am fumbling about (although with excitement!)

Thank you for any assistance you can provide me.
    The Human+ features are for the DEF CON 29 Discord Server ( https://discord.gg/defcon ) which according to the DEF CON 29 Discord FAQ include:
    * A different role name and color (purple),
    * The ability to post pictures and embed links,
    * Use external emoji,
    * The ability to change your nickname,
    * Join some Human Plus chill out rooms,
    * Engage with voice and video in the rooms that support it

The code provided with the virtual badge (and which should be provided with the in-person badge at time of pickup) is supposed to be redeemable on the DEF CON 29 Discord Server and information provided with your code should include steps to complete a custom "/" command when on the DEF CON 29 Discord Server: https://discord.gg/defcon

It should be possible to gift the code to someone else to redeem on the DEF CON 29 Discord Server so long as the code hasn't been used before.

You may see references to https://plus.defcon.org/ with comments about Human+ : that URL is for people to purchase Human+ access on the DEF CON 29 Discord Server.
    IF YOU HAVE AN UNUSED HUMAN+ CODE YOU SHOULD NOT NEED TO BUY ANOTHER ONE! (Human+/HumanPlusCodes with badges provide the same access as people who bought Human+ from the plus.defcon.org site.)

Many of the channels on the DEF CON 29 Discord Server are NOT YET OPEN to human or human+. Once DEF CON starts, more channels should open. URL to channels for contests, events, villages on the DEF CON Discord Server may also report errors whether you are human or human+ until after DEF CON 29 starts. The channel "linecon" is a place to hang out while waiting for channels to open, and chat with other people also waiting. (You may notice different colors are applied to various usernames. These colors are to identify roles of various people. Generally speaking, RED is for goons like SOC, who can often provide advice and enforce rules on the DEF CON 29 Discord Server.

HTH, good luck!
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Hi number6, thank you for your reply!

The big hurdle is that the human+ code and and information what to do with it was not included in the package I received. I reached out to one of the goons and he was kind enough to get a code for me, however, I'm still stuck without the instructions thus I'm lost! (ugh... I don't like feeling like a noob!) Any further direction as to where I can find the steps is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• number6
        number6 commented
        Editing a comment
        According to online help on the DEF CON 29 Discord Server, "If you've been sent the badge in the post there should be a piece of paper with it that tells you how to redeem the human+ role." Did you get such a piece of paper with your code?
        What came with your virtual badge?
        If you bought an in-person badge, the Human+ code should be provided when you pick up the badge in person.
        (I don't have a copy of the paper sent to people.)
        If you bought a virtual badge, try sending an email to shop@defcon.org with your invoice number and let them know what was missing from your shipment and see if they can get you what was missing.

The topic on the linecon channel says this:
        "Welcome to DEF CON! To activate your Human+, please type /humanplus <code>. For any questions check the #faq first "

Try that. Once you are on the DEF CON 29 Discord Server (see url above) try typing /humanplus <your code here>.
        Last edited by number6; July 31, 2021, 17:14.

====> number6 You're the best, I have success and my recipient of the gift is also celebrating!

Thank you for the incredible instructions, so thorough and I have learned more than I anticipated about DEF CON in general. Now to forge ahead and enjoy every moment the con can offer. All the best, n-dei

Comment

Working...
      X