DEF CON Forum Site Header Art

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a time limit when you can get your in person badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a time limit when you can get your in person badge?

This is my first defcon. I heard that you can get your badges at 7am but is there a time frame when you have to get them by? Can you grab your badge on Friday? My flight arrives around 6-7pm on Thursday. I tried planning an earlier trip but it costed more so I scheduled this time to save on costs...

Originally posted by bd4wn View Post
    This is my first defcon. I heard that you can get your badges at 7am but is there a time frame when you have to get them by? Can you grab your badge on Friday? My flight arrives around 6-7pm on Thursday. I tried planning an earlier trip but it costed more so I scheduled this time to save on costs...
    There should be scheduled times for when the Vaccination Validation Station will be open so you can provide your original COVID-19 Vaccination proof that you are fully vaccinated (by CDC definition, 2 weeks after the last shot in the series for your vaccination type: 1 shot for J&J, 2 shots for Moderna/Pfizer) and a government issued photo ID with a name that matches the name on your original vaccination proof, and an image which matches you. Once you have the wristband which confirms you completed the vaccination checks and prerequisites which they put on your wrist, then you can proceed to the badge purchase or badge pickup space.

The badge purchase or redemption space has hours when it is open each day of DEF CON.

The vaccination station has hours when it is open.

If you arrive too late on Thursday, and one or both (Vaccination Check or Badge sale/pickup) are closed when you arrive they should open again Friday morning.

Historically, badge sales were opened the morning of each day of DEF CON, closing in the early evening, each day until some time early on Sunday, around noon, maybe a little before, or a little after.

The actual hours these are open each day may be reduced compared to pre-pandemic years.

Once both the Vaccine Check and Badge sales/pickup are setup on-site, and they get a handle on traffic flow, they should have a more specific range of time for when they will be open each day.

(In a non-pandemic year, I've seen badge sales open as late as ~10pm, but that is NO GUARANTEE it will be like that this year or ever happen again.)

If you arrive too late Thursday to get your wrist band and badge, many of the evening events related to con will be closed to you, as you would not have proof of vaccination or a badge.
    Last edited by number6; August 3, 2021, 01:43.
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

I believe the vaccination check starts at 7am and the badge pickup starts at 8am on Thursday.
      PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Working...
      X