DC30 dates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC30 dates?

Hi. I just got onto defcon.org for the first time in forever. I was delighted to see the DEFCON 30 "book a room" link. However that yields this text:

DEF CON 30

August 6, 2022 - August 16, 2022

Caesars Forum
    3911 Koval Lane

Las Vegas, NV 89109, US

Is it really 11 days long? That seems hard to believe. Any info? Thanks
    "Men entrusted with power, even those aware of its dangers, tend, particularly when pressured, to slight liberty." - , The Church Committee, April 26 (legislative day, April 14), 1976

Someone else had a similar question, which I tried to answer here:
    https://forum.defcon.org/node/239150...339#post239341

More ideas:
    Some people that attend BlackHat may want to use a DEF CON hotel room for their whole visit through to end of DEF CON.
    There was mention of extending workshops to Monday, Tuesday (and maybe Wednesday) in the closing ceremonies, but I am not sure if that was these day after the convention or before it. (After makes more sense so that we avoid competing with BlackHat and pre-DEF-CON stuff like the Toxic BBQ, and unofficial DEF CON Shoot.)
    As far as I know, the primary con would still be Thursday-Sunday, but extra stuff can be scheduled before these days, and after, possibly including workshops/classes.
    If DT says otherwise, go with what he says.
    HTH
    Last edited by number6; August 16, 2021, 18:09.
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Thanks. August 6, 2022 is a Saturday. August 16, 2022 is a Tuesday. I will assume that it runs from Thursday August 11 - Sunday August 14 (the Thursday through Sunday in that range).
      "Men entrusted with power, even those aware of its dangers, tend, particularly when pressured, to slight liberty." - , The Church Committee, April 26 (legislative day, April 14), 1976

Comment

Looking again at the notification on defcon.org, I see the dates on it are indeed August 11 - 14, 2022. It's just the room booking that has the extended dates.

Comment

Originally posted by liberator View Post
          Looking again at the notification on defcon.org, I see the dates on it are indeed August 11 - 14, 2022. It's just the room booking that has the extended dates.
          Yep. Here is an image showing those dates as of "Today":

DC30 dates Aug 11-14, 2022
          6: "Who is Number1?"
          2: "You are number6"
          6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

Working...
          X