Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal details from phone number

Hello
    Firstly, I'm sorry if posted in wrong place.
    Question is if it is possible to obtain information such us Name, surname and address knowing just phone number?
    I would be grateful for any info regarding such matter.

Originally posted by ramius897 View Post
    Hello
    Firstly, I'm sorry if posted in wrong place.
    Question is if it is possible to obtain information such us Name, surname and address knowing just phone number?
    I would be grateful for any info regarding such matter.
    Any that might be advertised here in a reply with a link are almost certainly spammy and scammy; I would not trust them.

There are fee-based services which claim they can do that for many phone numbers, but I've not used those, and many seem "Scammy" to the point I would not trust sending them my credit card information.
    A regular "bing" or "google" or "duckduckgo" search can often find some (often old) information about who has had a phone number, but often the free result are outdated.
    Some public libraries (USA) have had "reverse phone book" for doing exactly this, but I do not know if they still do... that was a long time ago. Ask a librarian about it.
    If you attend a university, or a law college and their library has access to "LexisNexis" database, you can try asking a college/university librarian to help you complete a search.
    If you work at a law firm, they may also have access to databases to help you with that.
    Law enforcement likely have variation of this, and more, but if you worked for one, you would probably know about them.
    We do not have any such database for consultation at DEF CON.
    We don't discuss illegal methods on the forums in any way, because we don't want our hardware taken away by feds or other law enforcement.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by number6; 4 weeks ago.
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

There are certainly ways to gather information from people aside from the paying services. Most involve a form of social engineering working with the phone companies that the number may be tied to. If you're good at OSINT Gathering, you can find information on some people this way because not everyone takes their Op-Sec seriously. (This is how some of the paid sites work plus some extra cool sauce.)

Hope that this helped you.

Codex
      Why are you eating a car?

Comment

Working...
      X