No announcement yet.

Online Registration Option for DEF CON 30 goes live Monday, March 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement! Online Registration Option for DEF CON 30 goes live Monday, March 28

DEF CON is a cash-at-the-door kind of conference. Paying in cash helps protect your privacy, and search warrants can't vacuum up PII we don't collect. You will always be able to lay down US dollars in the reg line and collect your badge.

Still, the experience of DC29 taught us a few things. Some of our attendees work DEF CON into their business travel schedule, and the option to pre-reg with a credit card over the web made things much easier for them. Some of our attendees need to manage a group purchase, or want a more detailed receipt.

For everyone who fits into those categories, we’re happy to announce that we’re keeping the option of online registration. Starting Monday, March 28 you’ll be able to use shop.defcon.org to buy your ticket and get your receipt. We hope the online option makes the process more streamlined for those who need it. We thank people for their patience and feedback as we navigate the changing landscape.

The price for DEF CON 30 is $360, with a processing fee of $9.66 added to online orders.

Fine print: Currently we cannot provide beachballs and pizza to the online purchasing experience. For that, you’re gonna need LineCon.

.ics reminder file: DC30 Online Reg Option goes live.ics

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 2.46.39 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	212.4 KB ID:	241097
    Attached Files
    Starts
    March 25, 2022
    Ends
    March 25, 2022
    Last edited by sleestak; March 25, 2022, 15:08.

Just so it does not "sell out" or replace Line-Con!

And actually, kudos to the goons in 2019. Walked right in, very quick line, paid, walked right out!

Comment

Will there be an online DefCon this year and if so when will those tickets go on sale?

Comment

• number6
        number6 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that there will be a DEF CON Discord server online, and I would expect that people running contests, events, villages and parties that wish to have a presence on the DEF CON Discord Server in parallel with their on-site, in-person content. I would not count on there being as many people running contests, events, villages and parties working to support both on-site and on Discord; it is a lot of work for people to provide content in both places.
        As for the rest? I do not know of any official decision for a duplicate of SafeMode DEF CON from before vaccinations were widely available and now that international travel restrictions were mostly lifted.

Thanks, The part I was really looking forward to if there was any chance of anything online was the badge and the challenge of figuring that out. There is no way I will be able to attend in person this year. Last year was my first year and the badge along with a few virtual events was a big highlight for me.

Maybe I can just pick up one online after the fact and do it on my own if there isn’t anything significant happening virtually this year.

Comment

Working...
      X