Newbie Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Questions

Is there a difference between programming and coding? Or are they simply terms for the same thing?

If i wanted to write/program/make (you get what i'm saying) an application or program for my Android Phone, what's a good book?

Ages ago I went to Edx.org. to attempt to learn about Python, just as a hobby and I got kinda far into but didn't complete the course. It reminded me of playing Portal 2 Custom Maps because it's like solving a puzzle from what I recall.

Though the commands were confusing. "Like itersleft" or whatever. mini militia

I tried a course on C++ from MiT online and fell asleep my 1st day into it.

What's the difference between the languages and what are they good for? If someone could give me a rundown.

Anyways, if yall could steer me in the right direction...
    Last edited by christkenddy; April 13, 2022, 04:47.

Check out the thread that is looks like you copied this text from, for answers:
    https://forum.defcon.org/node/230353

Comment

Programming and coding are often used interchangeably, but there is a difference between the two terms. Programming is the process of designing a step by step plan that will make a computer do what you want it to. Coding is the process of translating that plan into a programming language.

So, programming is abstract and conceptual, while coding is concrete and specific.
      Programming and coding are often used interchangeably, but there is a difference between the two terms. Programming is the process of designing a step by step plan that will make a computer do what you want it to. Coding is the process of translating that plan into a programming language.

So, programming is abstract and conceptual, while coding is concrete and specific.

Comment

Working...
      X