No announcement yet.

[Friday] Ham Radio Exams at DEF CON 30!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Friday] Ham Radio Exams at DEF CON 30!

Its that time of year again! Come on by the Ham Radio Village at DEF CON 30 to get your amateur radio license and/or upgrade!

The Ham Radio Village will be offering free amateur radio exam session at DEF CON 30 on August 12, 13, and 14 for all attendees to come and take the amateur radio license exam!

Please note since April 19th 2022, the FCC has imposed a new $35 application fee for new licensees (and more). Once you pass your exam, you will receive an email from the FCC to pay the application fee within a one week window, at which point your application will be invalidated, and a new application will need to be filed (note, you will not need to re-take the exam provided you have your Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination from the session*).

## How to get ready
    We recommend using ham.study (https://ham.study) to study the exam. The technician and general (first two of three levels) exams are 35 question exams, with publicly available question pools. ham.study will help you study by running though the entire question bank.

One you're ready to go, sign up on our exam listings (below), where you will fill out all the relevant information, and get your FRN if you do not already have one.

Questions? Email testing@hamvillage.org with any questions or stop by the Ham Radio Village Discord Server (discord.gg/hrv).
    Starts
    August 12, 2022 13:00
    Ends
    August 12, 2022 17:00
    Last edited by InkRF; May 9, 2022, 08:33. Reason: Added sign up link

Event edited by me with approval from DT: event highlighting changes from "none"/default to "Village": Village highlighting should get exported to the calendar consumed by the main web site and get color coding on the forum calendar as a village event.

Comment

Awesome. My Extra Class just expired.

Comment

Working...
      X