X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon Cannonball Run

Hello everybody.

It is about 100 days away and time for the official announcement for the Defcon Cannonball Run. I know it has been mentioned elsewhere before but some post just made me want to make the announcement clear.

This will be the 2nd Annual Defcon Cannonball Run that me and El_jefe are organizing. It will run from Redondo Beach, CA to Las Vegas, NV. We will assemble July 31st 2003 in Redondo Beach and start departing at 12:00 Noon. There will be a timed punch clock at each of the start and finish lines. The winner is chosen by the quickest time. Races will start in a staggered way to limit the amount of accidents and road rage.

Costumes are to be worn. Why? Because it's fucking funny.

Bring your video cameras. This is going to make a hell of a DVD.

There is a whole bunch of info on the official site http://moloch.org/cannonball and there are past pictures and video there too.

Volunteers are always welcome also.

and for this guy...
    Originally posted by Natz

"the defcon cannon ball run is stupid as hell, i hope u guys realize from anywhere in CA to vega isnt far!!!! the cannon ball run is suppoised to be cross country. so if anyone wants to get a lil one for fun together. pm me i will most likeley know if i can go in a few weeks.

learn to spell and use grammer... fuck nut
    tommEE pickles

Re: Defcon Cannonball Run

Originally posted by tommEE
    learn to spell and use grammer... fuck nut
    Did you mean ***grammar***?

Comment

no, I think he meant "fuck you Natz"
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

It's been confirmed that El_Jefe is flying out to be part of the Juggalo Team again. So watch out. Make sure you have a team that can compete against the juggalos!

http://moloch.org/cannonball
        tommEE pickles

Comment

a real cannonball run

We have two teams coming from the east coast. We're leaving out of Savannah GA. If there is anyone else out there that has a spark up their ass and wants to make a cross country with us, let me know.
          cannonballrun@asspope.com

Comment

hey tommEE i sent u a Pm

Comment

2nd to last announcement for the 2nd Annual Cannonball Run

Ok time is getting close and we are getting ready for the journey. It's time for the 2nd Annual Defcon Cannonball Run. We are set to leave in 12 days!

What is the Defcon Cannonball Run?
              It is a race from Redondo Beach to the Alexis Park Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada

Why are you doing it?
              In 1981 in the movie 'The Cannonball Run" the teams ended up finishing at Kings Harbor, Redondo Beach. In 1984, in the movie "Cannonball Run II" the teams started in Redondo Beach and finished in Boston.

But why are you finishing in Las Vegas?
              Well thats where defcon is... duh.

How is this going to work?
              All the people who want to participate will meet at Joes Crab Shack (230 Portofino Way, Redondo Beach, CA) and listen to the disclaimers. The racing teams will all get a time card. When it is the teams time to leave, they will punch the time card in the time clock and race their vehicle to the Alexis Park where there will be another time clock in the bar of the hotel. The total time will be the difference between the two times. The winner will be the team with the quickest time.

What does the winner get?
              That is up for debate right now. Last year we decided that a $5 donation from each team member would go to the pot and then the winner team would get that back in the form of a bar tab for the drinking that goes after the race. Again, we are debating this and probably will decide when we all gather. There will be a couple of t-shirt and other give-aways.

Where can I see all the rules and other stuff?
              Check out http://moloch.org/cannonball/
              tommEE pickles

Comment

<KeLviN still ponders taking the motorcycle to cannonball run.....>
                the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                  <KeLviN still ponders taking the motorcycle to cannonball run.....>
                  <Octalpussy calls dibs on the cute little laptop when KeLviN dies of heat exhaustion in the middle of the desert.>
                  the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                    <Octalpussy calls dibs on the cute little laptop when KeLviN dies of heat exhaustion in the middle of the desert.>
                    I rode my bike out last year from the Bay Area and didn't have too much problem. Leaving sunday afternoon with a hangover was a fantastically stupid idea, but having a big ass camelback filled with icewater under my leathers helped make it better.

Comment

just lost my ride to DC,
                      but the bike isnt running @ 100%.....

damn delima........
                      the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                        just lost my ride to DC,
                        but the bike isnt running @ 100%.....

damn delima........
                        Like I told some other guy, make pouty faces at TommEE -- I know he's looking for someone else to ride with him and Jefe to man the camera.

Check your PMs for contact info.
                        Last edited by fluffy; July 29, 2003, 16:25.
                        Don't hurt me daddy!

Comment

Working...
                        X