This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickets at the door?

I noticed they are no longer selling tickets online. Are tickets always available at the door? Do they ever sell out? I would hate to fly out and not be able to get a ticket. Thanks!
  • Answer selected by mtatum at 3 weeks ago.

Originally posted by mtatum View Post
    I noticed they are no longer selling tickets online. Are tickets always available at the door? Do they ever sell out? I would hate to fly out and not be able to get a ticket. Thanks!
    There are a limited quantity of "fancy badges" which many people really prefer over the paper badges which are sold when the "fancy badges" run out.

This is especially important for many people if/when the "fancy badges" are electronic badges with extra features not possible with paper badges.

Last year, pre-purchase of badges online were given token to be able to redeem for a "fancy badge" , and then when a deadline was met for those sales, all remaining "fancy badges" were made available for people buying badges in-person with cash.

I would assume the same procedure will happen this year, but I am not 100% certain of online pre-registration being given priority for "fancy badges."

Once supply of "fancy badges" are exhausted (whether from online purchase or in-person with cash) sales then historically have moved to paper badges.

Whether you have a paper badge or a "fancy badge".... the use to gain access to parts of DEF CON is the same. Paper badge or "fancy badge" get you access to all the same parts of DEF CON.

At no point in our history have we sold out of both fancy badges and paper badges.

In-person badge sales usually start some time in the morning on Thursday, and then happen on Friday and Saturday with a sometimes short window in Sunday.
    An online program and/or schedule should get put up on the main website soon. You should also watch for changes to https://info.defcon.org/ as that gets a collection of schedules to help you plan your DEF CON. One or more of these schedules should indicate when badge sales should be possible and may include maps to show where those sales would take place.

If you get onsite and are confused by programs, schedules and maps, look for "DEF CON Information Booth" to ask the goons that work there how to find what you are looking for.

If you can't find an Info-booth, locate a "DEF CON Goon" (often seen wearing red shirts that have text to mention they are Goons at DEF CON 30 for this year) and ask them where you can find an Information booth. (Even if these goons in hallways might have some answers, the Info booth goons generally have access to all the latest information, so the hallway goon may choose to not answer questions because passing old (possibly incorrect) answers can be worse than not answering questions. The goons you see in the hallways are likely busy doing other things that need to be done, sometimes involving safety of attendees. Please don't be offended if they direct you to an InfoBooth instead of trying to answer your questions.)
    Last edited by number6; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mtatum View Post
      There are a limited quantity of "fancy badges" which many people really prefer over the paper badges which are sold when the "fancy badges" run out.

This is especially important for many people if/when the "fancy badges" are electronic badges with extra features not possible with paper badges.

Last year, pre-purchase of badges online were given token to be able to redeem for a "fancy badge" , and then when a deadline was met for those sales, all remaining "fancy badges" were made available for people buying badges in-person with cash.

I would assume the same procedure will happen this year, but I am not 100% certain of online pre-registration being given priority for "fancy badges."

Once supply of "fancy badges" are exhausted (whether from online purchase or in-person with cash) sales then historically have moved to paper badges.

Whether you have a paper badge or a "fancy badge".... the use to gain access to parts of DEF CON is the same. Paper badge or "fancy badge" get you access to all the same parts of DEF CON.

At no point in our history have we sold out of both fancy badges and paper badges.

In-person badge sales usually start some time in the morning on Thursday, and then happen on Friday and Saturday with a sometimes short window in Sunday.
      An online program and/or schedule should get put up on the main website soon. You should also watch for changes to https://info.defcon.org/ as that gets a collection of schedules to help you plan your DEF CON. One or more of these schedules should indicate when badge sales should be possible and may include maps to show where those sales would take place.

If you get onsite and are confused by programs, schedules and maps, look for "DEF CON Information Booth" to ask the goons that work there how to find what you are looking for.

If you can't find an Info-booth, locate a "DEF CON Goon" (often seen wearing red shirts that have text to mention they are Goons at DEF CON 30 for this year) and ask them where you can find an Information booth. (Even if these goons in hallways might have some answers, the Info booth goons generally have access to all the latest information, so the hallway goon may choose to not answer questions because passing old (possibly incorrect) answers can be worse than not answering questions. The goons you see in the hallways are likely busy doing other things that need to be done, sometimes involving safety of attendees. Please don't be offended if they direct you to an InfoBooth instead of trying to answer your questions.)
      Last edited by number6; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

I was wondering the same but specifically for the fancier badge!

I forgot I could get my badge online and was wondering if any ''fancy badges'' will still be left at the traditional Linecon...I was not present last year unfortunately so I don't know how the online sales / Linecon has changed, but back this year!

Let's hope there are some for the cash only purchases! Nevertheless I will certainly be there early Friday!

Thanks for the answer number6

Comment

Yes you should have no problems getting a badge Thursday, but if you arrive late Friday that may be another issue.
          PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

Comment

Hi Dark Tangent !

Thanks for your answer, it saved me from arriving Friday and not Thursday!

Thursday early hours of the morning it will be!

Comment

Are we able to get a receipt when you pay at the door this year? My work will re-emburse me but I need some form of proof just not my word...

Comment

• number6
                number6 commented
                Editing a comment
                When you pick up your badges, you can ask for a receipt. If they have any available, then they can provide one. If not, you should be able to download a receipt from the main website after DEF CON 30 and maybe from the DEF CON media server.
                If you completed the pre-reg process to pre-pay for a code/token to be redeemed for a DEF CON 30 badge in-person. then check your email or credit card company for transaction information which may work as a receipt.
                Last edited by number6; 1 week ago.
            Working...
            X