DC-Forums Avatar Badge HowTo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC-Forums Avatar Badge HowTo

Greetings, I have gotten a few emails and PM's regarding how to make your own dc forums avatar badge... here is the way I made mine last year and updated it for this year's defcon, also including a little bit of history and what not... :

http://www.irvineunderground.org/bla...adge-howto.htm

Hopefully it will be of use to you :)

I printed mine on a floppy disk label, I can do that for anyone interested. If anyone wishes I will make up business cards for you with your Avatar, e-mail, handle, and any other information you want that will fit on it.

Comment

Sometimes you put a so much effort into things that it frightens me. Great Job though. And making it idiot proof is pure genius.
      .: Grifter :.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter
        Sometimes you put a so much effort into things that it frightens me.
        Thanks, it is either that or sleep :) Besides I like the idea of write once, run anywhere :D Believe it or not, it does save me time in email correspondence :)

Comment

That's what you get for being friendly.
          .: Grifter :.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
            I printed mine on a floppy disk label, I can do that for anyone interested. If anyone wishes I will make up business cards for you with your Avatar, e-mail, handle, and any other information you want that will fit on it.
            How about engraved on a laptop HD platter? :D

Comment

How did you get it printed onto a floppy disk? However you did it that sounds cool.:D I am going to try and make one on a business card.

Comment

Originally posted by encrypt31945
                How did you get it printed onto a floppy disk? However you did it that sounds cool.:D I am going to try and make one on a business card.
                Well you need a flat paper path and the ability the change the tension bar so the whole disk fits under it. Or just print on the LABEL and then peel the label off the paper and stick it to the disk. No one will ever know. :D

Now, tell me how you write "Happy Birthday" on a birthday cake using a typewriter!!!

Comment

I forgot about the label.
                  As for the birthday cake, I am completly stumped. :D

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    Or just print on the LABEL and then peel the label off the paper and stick it to the disk. No one will ever know. :D
                    ... man... letting all the newbies know about the 1337 h4x0r 5exr375!... damn damn damn... you are going to hell man...

Comment

Hey! I am not a newbie.... Wait I think I am.
                      Damn this really sucks. Anyway I already have your secrets Hahahaha! *encrypt runs off to use Hax0r secrets

Comment

Damn, I had planned to sell that secret on Ebay to pay for my Defcon trip!

Comment

You could still in a way. Just make custom disk avatars for people.:D

Comment

I doubt I can make money at it, I mean if you can register to post on this board you can probably print on an avery label!

Comment

I just got a Idea :D but there is a disclamer first:
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              DISCLAMER
                              If your Handle is Blackwave you are forbiden to read the
                              following message under DMCA since it is under a fuzzy
                              unbreakeable proprietary crypto algorithm
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that Blackwave can't read this message:

:D egdab ratavA evawkcalB a htiw nocfed ot og lla dluohs eW==
                              /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Working...
                              X