Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People limit..?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • People limit..?

    You'll have to excuse my n00bness here, but better safe than sorry I think :p This will possibly be the first DEFCON I come to (yes, I know... I'm about 10 to late ;)), so I wanted to make sure of this last *issue* of mine.

    I live up in Canada, so it's a couple days trip for me to get to Vegas, and alot of money. Is there any limit on how many people can register for DEFCON, or no? Basically I don't want to spend 600 bucks just getting down there, only to find out "hey, sorry bud, we can't accept anyone else."
    "Know the past, live in the present, look for the future!" - FireBird34

  • #2
    Good question...

    how many hackers does it take to fill up DEFCON? ... surely the LV Fire Marshall could tell you the exact figure.... or maybe not. :)

    though if you are coming in from toronto, DEFCON is already full... sorry ;) :D :D

    Comment


    • #3
      According to the exchange rate, does a Canadian count as .7 of a person in the rooms? :)

      Comment


      • #4
        We have a maximum occupancy of 9 people. Defcon staff accounts for 40 people, so only part of us can be in the hotel at one time. Sometimes you can bribe your way into the con or sneak in by hiding in the giant baggy raver pants of another attendee..

        I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by noid
          We have a maximum occupancy of 9 people. Defcon staff accounts for 40 people, so only part of us can be in the hotel at one time. Sometimes you can bribe your way into the con or sneak in by hiding in the giant baggy raver pants of another attendee..
          My baggy raver pants are just big enough for one canadian.....so your good to go :D
          ~:CK:~
          I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by astcell
            According to the exchange rate, does a Canadian count as .7 of a person in the rooms? :)
            no, 1.35

            Comment


            • #7
              As far as I know there is no limit to how many people can attend defcon. Although I wonder how many people we could fit per square foot.:D

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by noid
                We have a maximum occupancy of 9 people.
                The rest of the attendees will be the non-human type who ask questions like, "what OS is that?" "What's your handle?" and "Will you buy me beer?"
                http://bitshift.org

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by encrypt31945
                  As far as I know there is no limit to how many people can attend defcon. Although I wonder how many people we could fit per square foot.:D
                  Heh, good to know :D And good question... ;)

                  BW: Actually I'm from Edmonton, Alberta :) So I take it there is room then? ;) lol
                  "Know the past, live in the present, look for the future!" - FireBird34

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by FireBird34
                    BW: Actually I'm from Edmonton, Alberta :) So I take it there is room then? ;) lol
                    ... just don't spread it around :D

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FireBird34
                      Actually I'm from Edmonton, Alberta :) So I take it there is room then? ;) lol
                      You can wrestle the guy from Toronto for a room. If we can't have midget tossing, we'll have Canook bashing. :D

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        There should be a contest for the canadians. The ones that win get a room. Now what could it be? Any suggesstions?:D :D

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Don't ask hockey questions, they'll get all those right!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hacker jepordy canadian style.:D The questions would have to be something you would learn in elementry or middle school.:D

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The sad truth is that if you put a US schooled person up against any other country, and asked questions on US history, I'd put my money on the non-US person.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X