Going crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going crazy!

Hey i hope someone can help me with this problem i'm having. Sunday around noon my pc froze. when i rebooted it said that registry keys had been changed so it restored from a backup i had made. thats fine. everything works beautifully except for my internet. i can connect, obtain an ip addy but i can't do anything involving the net.

web pages will not display (gives the usual dns error) so i thought maybe dns was screwed up. not the case everything is set up correctly. it seems as though all ports have been blocked or something.

if anyone has had this problem...please post and let me know how to resolve this mess.

and i wanna try to stay away from format c:\ lol

Bring it in Ill take a look at it.;)

Comment

which OS? if XP, make sure Microsoft's builtin firewall was not tripped on you. damn that thing sucks.. I'll take straight port filtering over it any day
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

have you tried pinging your DNS? are you on a network? if so what type of router do you use?
        The penguin is watching.
        "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

Comment

right i'm running win 98 se, no firewall and yeah i've tried pinging the DNS...comes up that it timed out. i'm here with pezz tryin to figure this damn thing out but any suggestions are welcome !!!

Comment

Well if its your DNS. It might be your ISP then and not your computer. Try realeasing it in winipcfg.
            The penguin is watching.
            "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

Comment

Heres the fix Pezz implemented.Fix Here

Just in case anyone needs it.

Comment

Working...
              X