Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wired, Hacker Jeopardy and Pics Request

Wired magazine is highlighting DefCon 2003 in the August issue, and
    would like to include an image. They specifically reference Hacker Jeopardy,and would like to include a picture of Ehud Tenebaum, does anyone have any pictures of him, or know how to get in touch with him?

Also, does anyone have any pictures from Hacker Jeopardy at last year's conference? If so and you would like Wired to consider using the image, please forward all information (how you would like to be cited) and images to me. Hi res images are preferable so Zip them and send them forth.

blackbeetle@defcon.org
    subject line: Wired
    blackbeetle

Just out of curiousity, who is writing the article? There seem to be a couple of decent writers there, and a few complete idiots.
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

I am not at liberty to say. Suffice it to say that DT was impressed enough to have me bother the forum with the query.
      blackbeetle

Comment

I duno wired wrote an artical the other month saying wardrivers are "teen running around with antennas" okey fine some of us are..:D, but i guess if DT thinks its chill, he is in charge, so i dont mind. i would like to have some goons preview it before it goes to the mag.
        ~:CK:~
        I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

blackbeetle: sorry, nada in my archive. there are a few shots of Ehud here , depending on what type of picture they are looking for...

... and I'm still kicking myself for not bringing my camera in with me to HJ last year..

Comment

HJ pics

I have a collection of HJ pics, most of them at least R rated, but they were not taken by me, they were traded on site (to the person being whipped in the hallways by the hektik kegger, who did take the HJ pictures.
            If you can remember DefCon, you weren't really there...

Comment

I'll be bringing my camera this year, plan to shoot thousands of pics, I can shoot officially for pics to be distributed as DT sees fit, all I'd want is a good seat at HJ and other events to cover them. BW can vouch for my ability to catch everything in my photos. :D

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                I'll be bringing my camera this year, plan to shoot thousands of pics, I can shoot officially for pics to be distributed as DT sees fit, all I'd want is a good seat at HJ and other events to cover them.
                heheh I was actually just thinking along the same lines with my camcorder.. wondering what I would do with my footage instead of keeping it on 90min tape, my mind drifted off to putting it on a dvd.. then I thought, wouldn't it be cool if the registration or the dc vendor table offered a wrap-up kinda dvd with footage from various con attendees, segments of talks, events, etc..

I swear.. ask noid.. I just bugged him about it on irc earlier...

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                  BW can vouch for my ability to catch everything in my photos. :D
                  You bet, ast has some serious Kodak-Moment skillz.

Originally posted by converge
                  heheh I was actually just thinking along the same lines with my camcorder.. wondering what I would do with my footage instead of keeping it on 90min tape
                  Yeah I still need to convert my Hacker Jeopardy footage *the last night of course* to mpeg. At the next meet we were planning to show the videos I took on daman's projector :D ... For the last night of HJ I was sitting in the second row on the end and boy... it is just seriously great video :) <wink> Though I think I was a little zoom crazy....

Comment

I have good pics of hacker jeporady... tee heee heee.... they are all of the drunkenwhores... but good none the less... see drunkenwhores.com....

OH YEAH....

Comment

Pics

Uhhh, ever hear of:
                      http://defconpics.org
                      ?

One would think DT (and the goon crew) knew of that resource.

Vic Vandal

Comment

Working...
                      X