What to tell your wife/girlfriend when she complains about your hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to tell your wife/girlfriend when she complains about your hobby

My wife ONCE (only once) complained about the money I spent on computers. I asked her if she liked the size of my pay check. She looked at me with her funny look and answered YES. I responded well if it wasn't for the money and time I spent on computers my check wouldn't be as nice at it is. The trick with woman is you show them how THEY benifit.
    She just asked me "What the Hell are you doing on the computer now, looking at naked pictures, my responce, of cource not, I'm studying so I can afford to buy you a new car.

What your best line ?

Simply look at her and say, "Woman, what are you doing out of the kitchen?"

Comment

I've yet to find a correlation between knowledge and money.

When my girl gets all uppity I say... hey,.. missy... why don't you just killall -9 wine && g++ source.cpp -o myprogram gaddammit!
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

If she complains just bitchpatch her kernel with stepford.2.2.2.5-1.patch.

Comment

. o O (...just don't ask me about the laptop!)
          http://bitshift.org

Comment

If your sigoth is complaining about computers, it's time to find someone else!
            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
              If your sigoth is complaining about computers, it's time to find someone else!
              Maybe, but I recommend using the following with extreme caution, as it may cause irreparable system damage:

tar -cvzf /root/wife_1.0.tgz wife_1.0
              tar -xvzf mistress_1.0
              mv mistress_1.0 wife_2.0

Comment

funny..its never come up....

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

I tried the following.....

[root@wife] cd /usr/src/
                  [root@wife] wget http://www.n3rd.com/pr0n/geekbrain.diff
                  [root@wife] cd brain
                  [root@wife] patch -p1 < ../geekbrain.diff
                  [root@wife] ./configure --without-nagging --enable-wild-sex

It worked fairly well, but there were a few issues.

I'm working on a patch to disable
                  "hogs bandwidth" , and "plays mp3's that you don't like"

It's pretty challenging because the code is written in a way that is hard to understand. (typical female language, because the functions are commented saying they want to do one thing, when they really want to do another and change their mind all the time

Comment

She says I can buy anything in the whole world, as long as I pay cash and don't charge it.

And all she wants is her Barbie Dream House. (The good news is that escrow opened on it Monday!)

Comment

I have had a s/o bitch at me about my computers once.. I nipped that quickly. If she can't deal with my OCD with computers, I have little use for her.
                      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I met my wife on the Internet, she is very computer savvy, so she really cannot complain. ;)

Comment

I just point out that I have three hobbies, computers, sex, fishing...I can't fish all the time cuz it won't pay the bills, and if she doesn't want to have sex don't complain....
                          Life is too short not to enjoy....because you won't get out alive.

http://www.fuckinggoogleit.com/

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                            I met my wife on the Internet, she is very computer savvy, so she really cannot complain. ;)
                            mail order brides don't count ;)
                            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

When we first met my Dad asked me if I knew what sort of people jung out on the Internet. I told him that *I* hang out on the Internet! So it must be good.

It's true, we met on FreeTel back when that was big. Our 5th anniversary is one week before con.

Comment

Working...
                              X