• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIA looking for LP people

http://www.lockpicking101.com/viewtopic.php?t=43

Who wants a job?

Looks like its in DS&T instead of the DO

Comment

Don't plan on getting rich, it's a government job.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
        Don't plan on getting rich, it's a government job.
        But they have a great gift shop.

Comment

Hmm.. I wonder how many feds will be hanging around the lockpicking contest looking for recruits..
          Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

What will they do, offer you a job for $45K? Talk about a pay cut!

Comment

What will they do, offer you a job for $45K? Talk about a pay cut!
              but that reduces the amount of work filling out those financial disclosure forms. It's really a service.

Besides, the payoff is when the person leaves the federal position and is hired by Beltway Bandit Corporation, where the hiring criteria is a clearance, the ability to breathe and brains are optional.

Comment

Originally posted by murakami
                but that reduces the amount of work filling out those financial disclosure forms. It's really a service.

Besides, the payoff is when the person leaves the federal position and is hired by Beltway Bandit Corporation, where the hiring criteria is a clearance, the ability to breathe and brains are optional.
                Wow! Someone is a contractor! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by russ
                  Wow! Someone is a contractor! ;-)
                  ... or had to hire some.

Comment

Yea, but having to live in the DC area, no thanks.

Comment

Yea, but having to live in the DC area, no thanks.
                      Whatsamattayou? 'Fraid of a little old sniper or getting shot in your car by a pissed off Pakistani while waiting to get through the security station at HQ?

The real estate prices shouldn't shock you coming from SOCAL, but it is tough to own a home on a govie salary.

Of course the weather sucks in Upper Caucasia (that's what the wife calls it) when compare to California.

Comment

The real reward comes when you're picking the lock of a top secret military installation somewhere in the middle of some country where even dogs are armed, and you have 4 special ops behind you, telling you to hurry the fuck up and open the dam lock, or else we're all dead! (and considering that the US is probably the only country who can afford any technology for making better locks, it's most likely that 99.9% of the rest of the world are still using locks that can be picked by locksmiths like those who are going to be at defcon).

I have to say, it would definitely be worth the experience.
                        I never walk into a situation that I can't walk out of.

Comment

Oh get real, this is a DS&T technical support position, not a DO position. It is a civilian agency, not military. Jack Ryan is a fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by phazon007
                            The real reward comes when you're picking the lock of a top secret military installation somewhere in the middle of some country where even dogs are armed, and you have 4 special ops behind you, telling you to hurry the fuck up and open the dam lock, or else we're all dead! (and considering that the US is probably the only country who can afford any technology for making better locks, it's most likely that 99.9% of the rest of the world are still using locks that can be picked by locksmiths like those who are going to be at defcon).

I have to say, it would definitely be worth the experience.
                            If its that top secret where even the dogs are armed I doubt if they will be using real locks. Badge readers maybe, and even that runs on a DOS 6.22 based system, or it used to. In highly secure environments wouldnt they have biometric devices in place? The only reason I can see in LP is to gain access without letting anyone know that you had. Other wise I would probably pop the lock or torch / cut out the lock.

Comment

Biometric devices have a slight disadvantage over special keys made for anti-pick locks. If I find you, you may not tell me where a key is hidden, but I will know where your fingers are. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X