Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Age req

Originally posted by TeamSploit
    And i dont have a laptop, so do i bring my desktop?
    Leave your computer at home! The only reason I even bring my laptop is to dump pictures from my cam onto. Otherwise, talk to people, you'll find it much more enjoyable then sitting behind a screen.
    .: Grifter :.

Comment

Re: Re: Age req

Originally posted by Grifter
      Leave your computer at home! The only reason I even bring my laptop is to dump pictures from my cam onto. Otherwise, talk to people, you'll find it much more enjoyable then sitting behind a screen.
      Defcon without computers?!?! Then again, there are going to be plenty there. We should offer a prize for the oldest, lamest, still-working computer at the con. :D

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Age req

Originally posted by astcell
        Defcon without computers?!?! Then again, there are going to be plenty there. We should offer a prize for the oldest, lamest, still-working computer at the con. :D
        I can bring my spiffy ass SparcBook 3. It's old, it's lame, it works like champ...add all that up and you got a winner. It is my pride and joy.
        perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

I don't think Goons are eligible for the contest. :D

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Age req

Originally posted by astcell
            I just lent it to Cat. it's held together with electrical tape, and is currently powered by old cellphone batteries.

It'll be the ticket tracking system. Fear.
            http://bitshift.org

Comment

Umm, I have a working Speak & Spell from 1978. Fear.

Comment

Don't make me break out my slide rule collection, or my core memory examples.

If necessary, I'm sure I can track down one of the original "computers" who were displaced by ENIAC in the '50's. I'm sure at least one of the women is still functioning.
                http://bitshift.org

Comment

Oooh. I've always wanted to circuit bend one of those. I've got an mp3 of what one of them sounds like once modded.

Comment

The oldest one I have is a 133mhz that works. I do have an old 486 but it dosn't work completly. Although these are pretty new compared to some of the really old ones.

Comment

Originally posted by encrypt31945
                      The oldest one I have is a 133mhz that works. I do have an old 486 but it dosn't work completly.
                      Heh. Free Geek gets in XT laptops, fully functional with all docs. But we have a 'special' pile for those, right next to the sledgehammer.

Comment

Originally posted by mfreeck
                        Oooh. I've always wanted to circuit bend one of those. I've got an mp3 of what one of them sounds like once modded.
                        Link?

I'd like to mod this one, I'm just worried I'll fuck it up.

Comment

Didn't a few of those Speak and Spells have X rated words built in to them, and it prompted a recall?

I still remember:
                          - IBM Clamshell, two floppies, 640K ram, yellow 5" monitor: $4000.
                          - 286/16, 20MB HD, 14" EGA, $1900. (no modem or nic)
                          - 386/33, 30MB HD, 14" VGA, $2500. (no modem or nic)
                          - upgrade to 486/66, $700 for motherboard
                          - being able to afford OS/2, the last OS I'd ever need (HA!)
                          - upgrade from 4MB RAM to 8MB RAM - $100.

And of course it goes downhill from there.

Comment

Link?

I'd like to mod this one, I'm just worried I'll fuck it up.
                            This is the one I was thinking of, and there's also a how to.

Bring it with you, so we can play with it. :)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Age req

Originally posted by Chris
                              I can bring my spiffy ass SparcBook 3. It's old, it's lame, it works like champ...add all that up and you got a winner. It is my pride and joy.
                              /me wishes he had a sparcbook...

Comment

/me wishes he had a sparcbook...
                                Talk to Ira..he's probably got about 5 of them

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Working...
                                X